SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 8, 2006
Pac.NW-Near Mount Olympus
I currently have Dish 500 with DPP Twin into a DPP 44
If I get a DVR 722;
Do I need to upgrade the dish for HD?
Do I need to upgrade the dish if I don't care about getting HD?
Maybe I should just buy another 625?
Thanks.

722 without HD programming earns you a new fee of $7 from dish, so you may as well pay $10 and get HD.

If I get a DVR 722;
Thanks.

If you lease an HD receiver, Dish will upgrade your dish. But if you don't want HD programing, you are better off going with another 625

If I get a DVR 722;
Thanks.
If you want HD programming you need a either a wing dish Pointed at the 129 or 61.5, Or you need a new dish called 1000.2 that does the 110,119,129.
Last I heard there was a shortage of 625 SD DVR's, They are giving 722's instead. But if your willing to pay $7 for an HD enabling fee, You might as well pay ten and get all the HD channels you have in your base pack and have the proper dish installed.
But HD enabling fee will allow the HD premiums if, you subscribe to them.
Example if you have Cinemax, you Get all the HD versions as well as the SD.

Thanks for the replies.
I'll probably just get another 625 for now.
Square screen( WEGA-KV32HS420 ) is just too new to replace at this time.
Thanks again.

The 722 works with the 4:3 resolution sets. In fact, you can set the HD and SD outputs so they are "zoomed in" to full screen on the 4:3 set. Even the HD signals look pretty good in 4:3 (albeit letterboxed). I really would just go ahead and get the 722 if I were you, as the 625 will eventually have to be replaced anyway when they want to go all Mpeg4 with their broadcasts (which only the VIP series boxes can do).

The 722 works with the 4:3 resolution sets. In fact, you can set the HD and SD outputs so they are "zoomed in" to full screen on the 4:3 set. Even the HD signals look pretty good in 4:3 (albeit letterboxed). I really would just go ahead and get the 722 if I were you, as the 625 will eventually have to be replaced anyway when they want to go all Mpeg4 with their broadcasts (which only the VIP series boxes can do).

The 625 is MPEG4 capable--just SD only. However, I would totally rather have a 722 for the increased recording capacity as well as DishOnline.

Only VIP receivers are Mpeg4.
625 isn't a VIP receiver.
Again if your doing 2 rooms only a VIP 722, or (VIP 622 most likly very limited ,older model) is available for HD/DVR
1 room HD/DVR you need a VIP 612, or still a Vip722,depending on your wants and needs.
Vip 222 is a 2 room HD ,NON DVR
Vip 211 is a 1 room NON DVR.
These are the only Mpeg 4 receivers E* is currently supplying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts