dish upgrade question

jay48

Original poster
Nov 22, 2016
winfield, ks
Need some guidance to upgrade with dish Currently we have two 625 dvr receivers running for televisions. I would like to upgrade but still be able to have 4 tv's with separate tuners as I have a spouse and grand kids all watching different things. Will still like dvr capability on at least two tv's even though right now i have dvr capability on all four tv's. My question is will I have dvr capability on more then on tv if I have one hopper and 3 joey's? Also will I still have the capability to watching different programs on all four tv's with this setup? Or will I have to go with two hoppers and two joey's to get what I want? Just looking for some advice before I call dish. I don't want to pay more then I already am, but I'm afraid if I have to go to the two hopper setup that I will pay more. Considering going back to Cox although I really don't to. Any advice is appreciated! THanks!

A Hopper 3 with 3 Joeys will accomplish all you want to do. You can set up Folders for each room that will place recordings that can be accessed by any or all of the locations.

Keep in mind you will be paying more than you are now. $36 total in fees for a H3 - 3Joey setup.

Keep in mind you will be paying more than you are now. $36 total in fees for a H3 - 3Joey setup.
H3 & Joey is the current latest and greatest product but DISH does still have an inventory of refurbished 722/722K receivers, A High Definition version of your 625.

H3 & Joey is the current latest and greatest product but DISH does still have an inventory of refurbished 722/722K receivers, A High Definition version of your 625.

for tv1, tv2 would still be SD, unless they have changed it

It might help to let us know why you want to upgrade. Are you looking for HD programming? If for instance you have 2 HD tvs and 2 SD tvs, then two 722/722K receivers would be your best fit. Your monthly fees would not change, I believe. If you want a single integrated DVR that can be viewed by all tvs (instead of 2 separate DVRs), then the Hopper3 and Joeys would be best, but will cost you more in fees.

Last edited:
Need some guidance to upgrade with dish Currently we have two 625 dvr receivers running for televisions. I would like to upgrade but still be able to have 4 tv's with separate tuners as I have a spouse and grand kids all watching different things. Will still like dvr capability on at least two tv's even though right now i have dvr capability on all four tv's. My question is will I have dvr capability on more then on tv if I have one hopper and 3 joey's? Also will I still have the capability to watching different programs on all four tv's with this setup? Or will I have to go with two hoppers and two joey's to get what I want? Just looking for some advice before I call dish. I don't want to pay more then I already am, but I'm afraid if I have to go to the two hopper setup that I will pay more. Considering going back to Cox although I really don't to. Any advice is appreciated! THanks!
As Bobby said, a Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys will allow DVR in all rooms , HD in all rooms, with 12-13 Tuners to spare, and it will cost you $36 in Monthly fees though.
Much Higher than I imagine your current dual 625 account or Dual 722 account.
Which I believe would be around $24-27 in fees?

If you go to 2 722's, will be $27/month. If you go H3+3 Joeys, it will be $35 in fees. You get a heck of a lot more the H3 route.

Call DISH and while requesting the H3 upgrade, ask for a 2 year price lock and the reduced ($10 mo.) DVR fee that new customers get. It may require that you enroll in Autopay but it's been reported that many existing customers have been getting this deal.

She might be getting the $7 grandfathered DVR fee with her 625s, and likely if she switched to the 722s it would change to $10.

The reason I'm wanting to change is that one of the dvrs has quit working, and that we have recently purchased a new tv and we were considering getting HD for it. Thank you ll for your advice!!

I was able to keep everything I have and upgrade too the hopper with 3 joeys for the same price I've been paying. Had to sign a new 2 year contract but that's okay. Also helped that I had an offer from Direct TV too bargain with! :) Thanks for all the advice that was offered!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)