Dish upgrade to 90cm is only $9.25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
I don't know if anyone noticed, but upgrading the 80cm dish on our S-1 FTA system to 90cm is only $9.25 net. Why?

The S-1 system is $195.
Upgrading the dish to 90cm is $20
That brings the total to $215
Now, since you went over $200, you get a 5% discount (-$10.75)
--------------------------------------
Your net cost is $204.25

bigger is better:

Long time ago, I read this review comparing a 36" dish (90cm) to smaller ones.
That was enough to convince me.
Always go for the size upgrade, regardless. - :up

Always go for the size upgrade, regardless. - :up
There is one disadvantage to size -- bigger is more likely to blow over in a high wind if your dish is on a tripod. Been there, done that. :eek:

I probably should just bolt the 90 cm dish to my fence.

Yea, I had my FS-90cm blow over a couple of times when mounted on a post in a 5 gallon bucket of cement.
Good for the little pizza dishes; not good for real FTA dishes. :(

Generally, the dishes work fine from ground level.
So, where possible mount them as low as you can.
Less leverage on that bucket... or tripod. :D

(bucket just visible in the bottom of the picture) - :eek:

Attachments

• 06-09-07_1143.jpg
    06-09-07_1143.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 227
Mine's about 4 feet off the ground. Its shielded by a tall fence and has a 10 pound barbell weight hanging on the tripod , but it still blows over every few months.

Last edited:
80cm to 90cm size referance compared to a 15 inch rim and tire to give a good reference.​

Attachments

• 80cm to 90cm referance.JPG
    80cm to 90cm referance.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
The big one is running C/KU as you can see and the KU works very well (its got very small mesh) just takes lots of, I say lots of tweaking to dial it in with the BSC621 and get a good signal. Over all it works very well with my mercury II and Vbox from AMC 6 all the way to AMC 8. In the photo its parked on G-28 and ABC Newsone is about 55 to 60% here in the NW.

For KU only setup I have a 90Cm also for a 2nd room and it is far easyer to tune up. This photo was my test 90cm dish.

Not to make fun of the start of the thread as the deal from Sadoun is one great deal from a solid company to deal with. Just keeping it lite by having a bit of fun with photos.

I also have a BSC621 on my 10' Unimesh. But KU reception is probably only 60% as good as my 90 cm solid.

My mesh has 8 strands per inch. I'm wondering if its the mesh or the BSC621 thats hurting my KU reception?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts