Dish upgrades

skidog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Waconia, Minnesota
I figured I would start a new thread on this just to bring it to everyones attention. I called Dish to upgrade to the dvr 510 but the csr tells me I don't qualify so I tell him I am on their website right now and it says I can upgrade to a 510, so he tells me I can try it through their website. I don't understand how the website says I can upgrade but the computers tell the csr I can't.
But anyway the reason I started this thread is because the csr told me that a new upgrade promotion was going to start tomorrow, so if ya want to upgrade there should be some new choices tomorrow. I know I will be calling tomorrow to see what I can get! :D

I called today and talked to a tech person to make sure the dish I had would be OK for the 522. Currently I have a 500 and 301 that I will replace with the 522.

Earlier in the month, I talked to a CSR that said the upgrade would be $25 self install or $30 dish installed. OK no problem. The tech person today said it was going to cost $49 for install and $49 for an upgrade fee.

Has anyone heard what the actual cost is going to be?

scrotus said:
I called today and talked to a tech person to make sure the dish I had would be OK for the 522. Currently I have a 500 and 301 that I will replace with the 522.

Earlier in the month, I talked to a CSR that said the upgrade would be $25 self install or $30 dish installed. OK no problem. The tech person today said it was going to cost $49 for install and $49 for an upgrade fee.

Has anyone heard what the actual cost is going to be?
According to the latest retailer chat the 522 will have a minimum upgrade fee of $49.00 :)

wouldn't you know that I called and talked to a csr. She had no information regarding the upgrade and could not tell me anything. Nice.

I bet the employees would like that too. Nothing like one of the biggest upgrade plans in a while to come down the pipe with no info until it goes live. Must be a headache for them.

I'm on DHP with two 811's. I ordered the 522 this morning and paid a $49 upgrade fee with no commitment. The CSR said there is a "once a year" upgrade policy. This should get me by until MPEG-4 in a year or so.

I'm not trying to nitpick this, but I logged in on dish networks web site and I can't find anything that says there is a once a year upgrade policy.

Yeah me neither.
Does anyone know where the "terms" of the dish'n it up promo are located??? they give us these rules over the phone but I haven't seen them in writing yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)