Dish upselling to AT250

placebo

Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Southern California
Yesterday, someone from Dish called, trying to get us to upgrade from AT200 to AT250. The person tried to make it sound like we'd be getting a special deal that would only cost $10 more a month (never mind that that's the regular price difference between the two packages). Anyway, the thing is, since I told that guy we weren't interested, we got another call a few hours later with the same offer, and today, we've gotten two more calls. And I've let them know that they've called us repeatedly.

Is anyone else getting pestered by Dish to upgrade? If this keeps up, I will seriously consider dumping them.

Calls from Dish? Or from some dealer claiming to be Dish?

In any event, remember the ETF.

You might want to do what we do- use an answering machine. If we don't recognize the caller ID, we don't answer. Few telemarketers leave messages, just the politicians and they get erased after a very few words.

Yesterday, someone from Dish called, trying to get us to upgrade from AT200 to AT250. The person tried to make it sound like we'd be getting a special deal that would only cost $10 more a month (never mind that that's the regular price difference between the two packages). Anyway, the thing is, since I told that guy we weren't interested, we got another call a few hours later with the same offer, and today, we've gotten two more calls. And I've let them know that they've called us repeatedly.

Is anyone else getting pestered by Dish to upgrade? If this keeps up, I will seriously consider dumping them.
We are sorry you are receiving repeated calls about any upgrades. If you would like to PM me your phone#, I will have your phone # placed on the "Do Not Call List"? Thank you!

You might want to do what we do- use an answering machine. If we don't recognize the caller ID, we don't answer. Few telemarketers leave messages, just the politicians and they get erased after a very few words.
Unfortunately, a certain person in this household feels compelled to answer the phone even when she doesn't recognize the number, and then hands the phone to me, claiming she can't understand what they're talking about. (English is her second language.) :mad:

i pick it nup tell them im on the do not call list and im going to report this number or get a whistle if you dont know that number pick up blow the whistle through the phone did it a few times and they havent called me back again after the whistle incident:D:)

You don't need a whistle, press the star button, or any other, for 15 seconds and it'll blow their ear out.....

If your on The National Do Not Call List a business that you do business with can call you and can keep calling you for up to eighteen months after you leave.If I remember it correctly.

But as MaryB.stated you can be placed on a Do Not Call List.

Then normally after that we see threads here that say"I never got offered that good offer"?.;):D

I love getting their calls. I never get tired of hearing I am one of Dish Network's best customers. :D

Id go with the answering machine and or caller id. If we don't know the name or mum er we don't answer.
My favorite is UNKNOWN name and UNKNOWN number, who on their right mind would answer that call!

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)