Dish v NDS - Possible Mistrial....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one on the internet, however, a brief good morning and good luck greeting in the courthouse hallway hardly seems grounds for a mistrial. If the judge is really worried about any misconduct, he will probably just use one of the alternate jurors and have the jury go back to deliberations. The fact that the jury reached a verdict in just one day should be very worrisome to NDS.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one on the internet, however, a brief good morning and good luck greeting in the courthouse hallway hardly seems grounds for a mistrial. If the judge is really worried about any misconduct, he will probably just use one of the alternate jurors and have the jury go back to deliberations. The fact that the jury reached a verdict in just one day should be very worrisome to NDS.

Interactions like this have been grounds for mistrials in the past. The juror was instructed multipe times to have no contact with any attorney, and the attorneys shouldn't even be making eye contact with jurors outside of the courtroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)