Dish ViP 222 no picture?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chimera

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I'm brand new to Dish Network, I have a ViP 722 that's working perfectly and a ViP 222 in dual mode that's causing me problems. Tuner 2 on the 222 is working fine, it's a backfeed into my home cable and outputs to a 2nd floor TV. Tuner 1 is putting out audio and things like the guide, menu etc all work but there is no output from any channel. Occasionally after a hard reboot I will get a channel for a few minutes, and somethings if I leave it on the black screen eventually it will show a picture but 99% of the time I get audio but no video. I've tried s-video and RCA video outs, right now this is feeding a standard def TV but I got the 222 so I could easy go to HD later. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? My installer is looking into the issue too and might just RMA the box, but I thought I'd try here and see if anyone has the same problem.

Thanks!

Grahame

I have done all kinds of reboots, left it off for hours, and occasionally it will work but most of the time not. Tuner 2 still works fine, it's just tuner 1 which I happen to be using for my PVR (Snapstream BeyondTV) box. I have the latest software (L307 I believe). Reading in the 222 threads it seems this has happened to a lot of people before but most were fixed with software updates...

Can someone tell me whether the 222 standby logo is a TurboHD logo like it is on the 722, or just a regular Dish logo? My 222 says it's running L307 but I still see the Dish logo on standby.

I do not know if 3.07 is supposed to be a turbo screen saver (I doubt it is) but I can tell you that 3.07 is the most recent software version for the Vip222 receiver. If you ever have questions about whether or not your receiver has the latest software you can check the following page.

DISH Network -- Support -- Technical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts