Dish Vip 622 and the World Cup

gross67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2004
Indiana
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have just had a Vip 622 installed including a Dish 1000 and it all went down pretty well. The tech worked through some receiver start-up issues but in the end the whole system is up and running. And I LOVE it. As I type, the receiver is recording the two live World Cup matches and I can keep watch by using the PIP feature. And if I walk into the bedroom, It's up and running in there as well. So far I have had no issues with the Dish 1000 (Voom coming from 129). The signal is lower than 61.5 but the picture is good. The Dish 1000 is slick as it has 3 LNB's that have a built in Switch. The tech DID take a note that if I wanted a DPP44 switch for the 61.5 slot, I can just call and have one installed. I like the 1 dish for now. The PVR features are all very good and I'm sure I will pick up on them some more given time. If you are thinking about a Vip 622, you will not be sorry. I paid the new, lower $199.99 upgrade fee. The unit and dish were brought and installed by the tech although I ran my wiring before he arrived.

Yey. I am recording all matches during the day to watch them at night. All in HiDef. I think this is the best way I could possibly imagine.

MSG said:
Yey. I am recording all matches during the day to watch them at night. All in HiDef. I think this is the best way I could possibly imagine.

I'm for the US (As far as they can go anyway) and then I like England, France, Germany, Spain and Brazil. I watch The Spanish League on World Sport so it is great to see all those players on one team (Well, the Spanish ones at least) :)

Enjoy the Cup

Viva La Primera Liga:)

Oh yeah, coming from EU i grew up breathing soccer, just like our Midwestern brethren enjoy football.

Love it, love it. I also started following MLS in the US and i have great hopes for the sport here. Look at the momentum it is gathering, now if we could only convince our children to keep playing it even after they finish middle school:)

I haven't missed a match yet, the 622 is fantastic for this. With the latest matches on at the same time I've began to use PIP and I love it!!! It's just too bad we don't have more space to record. Now if we could just get ESPN2 to turn off the ADD tickers and all the ESPN / ABC sports networks to raise the top bar up and broadcast 5.1 surround (which is fully avaliable) we'd be in heaven!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)