dish vip 722 HD dvr

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
need help i have this reciver for a friend that i installed he lives in florida i hooked a dish 500 with a dish pro plus lnb two connections on the right for 119,110 and i hooked up a dish 500 with a dp single lnb looking at 61.5 and hooked up the solo cable to the other lnb the dp plus in the in connection on the lnb. back of the reciver i have the spliter and just one cable fron the dp plus lnb and i subscribed to all of the channels and everything is running ok i get everything my question is how do i get the other tv on the other room running i have on the dp plus the other coonection coming from the 119,110 coonected to the tv but i dont know how to get it working thanks

The second TV gets connected to the TV 2 output of the receiver not the second port on the LNB. You will need the UHF remote, and the UHF antenna installed on the back of the receiver as well.

that means that i have to connect a second set of video outputs cables in back of the reciver of the video 2 and connect it to the second tv ?? that will be a long cable that i will need if this is the case ?? like running a second set of video outputs from the reciver to the second tv right ?? with the antenna and the uhf remote now what channel does the tv go after that if this goes the way i think thanks

that means that i have to connect a second set of video outputs cables in back of the reciver of the video 2 and connect it to the second tv ?? that will be a long cable that i will need if this is the case ?? like running a second set of video outputs from the reciver to the second tv right ?? with the antenna and the uhf remote now what channel does the tv go after that if this goes the way i think thanks

YES-You have to run a coax cable from the TV2 output of the receiver to the 2nd TV. YOU determine what channel you want to use there in the MODULATOR SETUP. MENU-6-1-5.

Choose AIR or CABLE (the TV needs to set for air or cable also), the the channel # you want. You used to have to make sure there wasn't an OTA channel broadcasting right next to the # you chose but that isn't much of an issue since the death of analog OTA. Mine is set to channel 21/AIR.

Hope this helps.

Ed

thanks !!! for your reply one more thing there is a coax connectiion in the back thats yellow and it says ch 21-49 is this where i connect for tv 2 ?? and yes if i set my tv to like air and put channel 21 like yours it should work right thanks.

thanks !!! for your reply one more thing there is a coax connectiion in the back thats yellow and it says ch 21-49 is this where i connect for tv 2 ?? and yes if i set my tv to like air and put channel 21 like yours it should work right thanks.

Yep, you got it. That's all you need to do.

thanks !!!! a lot for all your help i am going to try that this week thanks again to all of you.

Yep, you got it. That's all you need to do.

one more thing my friend says that he does not want to use the reciver for the second tv that he wants to get another one of these recivers for the second tv like use one reciver for each tv the conection for the second tv is installed on the wall for this room this will be ok right ??

Tell your friend to make up his mind....................;):)

You need to run a 2nd coax (RG6) from the dish to the 2nd receiver or to the existing cable running to that room. Each receiver must have its' own coax from the dish, the signal can't be split.

If he does this with two 722s he can just leave both of 'em in single mode and have picture-in-picture capablity.

Ed

It should be interesting to see what your friend says when he gets his first bill with the monthly DVR charge, plus the cost to get a 2nd 722. I'd make sure he knows the monthly charge before you hook everything up.

i know guys but i think he wants still to buy that second reciver i will keep trying to tell him, he picked the big package price and he loves it so to say i want to thank everyone of you who have helped me in this thread thanks !!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)