Dish Vip Dvr lease fee? Gouging?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok

I love dish and all but are they kidding with those dvr fees?

Im sure Im not the only one who thinks its ridiculous?

Are they the highest dvrs fees out of most tv companies?

Im still going to pay for what I want but 17 bucks extra per 722?:eek:

Wow, I know its been talked about but when I actually added another 722
to my acct I was floored.

Any of you see any movement from dish on this. Discounts on it?

Before I have dish folks on me, I know that the first receiver fee is free.

I remember Scott giving us heads up when they went this route but....

Dish? Seriously??

Nobody twisted your arm to get the additional DVR, and the fees are about a year old so they weren't unknown to you. WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING?

Dish just loves to add extra fees to cover their Lower programming prices. They will continue to find ways to charge extra fees. It was nice a few years ago when there was no extra cost for a dual tuners 2nd tv output, and only 5.00 for a second dual tuner.

As compared with some, the fees are competitive. If the competition offered a DVR that could serve more than one TV independently, the price difference would probably be not so much.

The only flaw in the model is that it is becoming less relevant with the move towards HDTVs across the board.

Nobody twisted your arm to get the additional DVR, and the fees are about a year old so they weren't unknown to you. WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING?

Dude, relax,

Thats what this forum is about. Not sure whats happening lately?
If your air something someone immediately jumps on you?

Its also not complaining talking about fees. Whats being charged
is a fact and its high.

I appreciate it when people speak honestly about their service.
The good and the bad.

Hopefully dish monitors these threads and might make some
suggestions.

As ive said before I love dish! However, I think if you want to add dvrs
to an acct their price is very high.

Its also not complaining talking about fees. Whats being charged
is a fact and its high.
How so? I just checked Comcast and they want $15.95 for the first HD DVR that serves one TV.

The objection I have to what you're trying to stir up is that you are reinventing the wheel. This was all thoroughly discussed when the new pricing was introduced many, many months ago. Creating a new thread where at least one already exists is bad form.

Any of you see any movement from dish on this. Discounts on it?

since Dis has locked programming prices until 2013 I predict they will go up

As compared with some, the fees are competitive. If the competition offered a DVR that could serve more than one TV independently, the price difference would probably be not so much.

but the second only SD, and you can get 2 dvrs from the competition for that $17 a month, with change

If you don't like the price, don't lease/buy it. It's not a necessity of life. I think fuel is too expensive, but I'm not going to complain that the price should be lowered just because I'd rather pay less.

How so? I just checked Comcast and they want $15.95 for the first HD DVR that serves one TV.

The objection I have to what you're trying to stir up is that you are reinventing the wheel. This was all thoroughly discussed when the new pricing was introduced many, many months ago. Creating a new thread where at least one already exists is bad form.

Maybe discussed in past. Many topics are brought up time and again.
Sorry you feel that way. My form is always excellent.

Thanks for all your input.

I still feel the fees are High. I guess hearing when adding a new receiver
set me back a bit.

People just have too many TV's and the satellite companies are taking advantage of that.

Dish raised their price last time big enough to cover two years in advance. so they are getting 2012's price raise already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)