DISH VOD 3D compatible with Vizio M801d-A3

Retired Chambers

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
I just bought the 80 inch Vizio. I have the Hopper and was able to see VOD 3D on my 60 inch Sharp. When I try to watch 3D VOD on the new Vizio I get the message "TV not compatible". I can watch BluRay and Internet 3D on the Vizio. I called Dish support and they were mystified, passed the buck upstairs. No idea when I will be contacted. Any Thoughts?

I had a HDMI switch that wouldn't pass the full handshake through to my old LCD tv set, and caused issues like this. I upgraded to a different switch, and it fixed the problem. So, as Lucky86 says above, try hooking your tv set up directly with your Dish receiver bypassing any switching device.

If it still doesn't work, try different HDMI cables. Some of the older ones also won't pass the full handshake. My VIP722k has a menu where you can test the cable through to the tv set. I don't know if the Hopper also has this.

Last edited:
I just bought the 80 inch Vizio. I have the Hopper and was able to see VOD 3D on my 60 inch Sharp. When I try to watch 3D VOD on the new Vizio I get the message "TV not compatible". I can watch BluRay and Internet 3D on the Vizio. I called Dish support and they were mystified, passed the buck upstairs. No idea when I will be contacted. Any Thoughts?

The Vizio's seem to be a bit strange with 3D content. To watch 3D on Comcast, my brother has to manually switch the display setting on the TV to 3D before accessing the 3D content. Have you tried this? That's my shot in the dark.