DISH vs DIRECTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
After switching from Cable to Dish a year ago, I would say the Dish picture looks pretty bad. I am not certain I will continue using Dish once my promotion is over. I've never used DirecTV in my home but from looking at other's DirecTV serivce I believe that DirecTV has a better picture.

The Hopper 3 is pretty awesome though.

When i was installing satellite, it was funny how when i swapped out a DTV system for Dish they could not believe how good the picture was. When i swapped out Dish for DTV system those people could not believe how good the DTV picture was.

Is there any picture quality difference between Dish and DirecT?
I switched back in December from DirecTV to Dish. Ironically they finally offered me a deal once I already had Dish installed that would have kept me in the fold if offered the other four times leading up to my change that I threatened to cancel. The main reasons I left was no way to get just the Red Zone channel and the lack of tuners on DirecTV's Genie system. I like the Hopper 3 a lot. 16 tuners, Netflix app, Youtube app, etc. Only issue I had was losing signal when snow collected on the Dish installed on my roof, which never happened with DirecTV. Installation of a dish heater resolved this issue.

At first I noticed a PQ difference. Over the past few months either the PQ has been improved, I got used to it, or a combination of the two. I also enjoy being able to get the Epix premium channel. A lot of newer movies are on that premium. I missed it when I moved out of a FiOS service area and got DirecTV. Why more carriers don't offer another premium I don't know, seems like an easy revenue stream...

Yes, there is a difference. Does the difference matter? No. Directv does seem to be pushing a little more 4K, which would be a notable difference.

In general, compressed HD signals are not as good as Blu-Ray, regardless who is transmitting them from a metal box in space. The question you should be asking is, which provider provides you the channels you need for the lowest price, as picture quality is pretty much equivalent. Dish provides more options for packaging, but which provider gives you the channels and I suppose equipment you want, for the best price is what matters the most.
When i was installing satellite, it was funny how when i swapped out a DTV system for Dish they could not believe how good the picture was. When i swapped out Dish for DTV system those people could not believe how good the DTV picture was.
The grass is definitely greener. What I suggest is getting both Directv and Dish, and keep switching which one you use each day. Once a month is over, the quality of both of them will be so unbelievably good because of the perceived improvement in image with each subsequent change. It'll be 8K good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)