DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

While it still needs to be approved they have a handshake deal in place which allow them to bring back the AMC channels tonight. :D

I can't see why the judge would not approve.

Can't the judge refuse to accept the settlement? Or is that another type of trial?
This is a civil case. If the parties have settled, it's done. Anything left for the court to do is just bureaucratic paper shuffling.

This is a sad day for the Dish haters. I am happy I took the advice on these boards and chatted with Dish on Thursday and got a $30 credit to watch The Walking Dead.

Now only AMC returns tonight, the rest return on November 1st.

I am surprised that they made a deal with MSG to bring FUSE back, but no deal to bring back MSG Network itself.

This cost Charlie a lot less then I expected.

Finally got the press release from DISH.

DISH Network and Voom Reach Settlement

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 10/21/12 -- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH)

Terms call for DISH to pay $700 million in cash; DISH to receive certain wireless spectrum licenses
DISH enters multi-year agreement to carry AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel and Fuse; AMC channel broadcast resumes Sunday, October 21
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has settled all of its pending litigation with Voom HD Holdings LLC.

Terms of the settlement call for DISH Network to pay $700 million in cash. As part of the agreement, DISH will receive 500 MHz of wireless multichannel video distribution and data service ("MVDDS") spectrum licenses that cover a population of 150 million in 45 DMAs including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

As part of a separate, multi-year agreement, DISH will resume broadcast of the AMC channel Sunday, October 21. The AMC channel will be carried on DISH channel 131.

"We are glad to have settled the case and reestablished our long-term relationships with AMC Networks and Cablevision," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming at DISH. "This multi-year deal delivers a fair value for both parties and includes digital expansion opportunities for AMC Networks' programming."

Other AMC Networks programming, including Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC, will return to DISH Nov. 1. The Madison Square Garden Company's music-oriented Fuse channel will begin broadcast Nov. 1, as well.

darrengs said:
This is a sad day for the Dish haters. I am happy I took the advice on these boards and chatted with Dish on Thursday and got a $30 credit to watch The Walking Dead.

Yes overall worked dish assorted subs with the credits an roku and now AMC coming back. Worked out well!

I will be honest when roku's were given out did not think AMC was coming back, glad it worked out!

This cost Charlie a lot less then I expected.
Yeah, at $700M I think most would have considered it a good settlement for Dish. Then the spectrum sweetens the deal a little. It may be hard to call this a "win" for Dish, but there is a good case to be made they are better off than if they had kept Voom.

I think DISH made out in the deal...

As part of the agreement, DISH will receive 500 MHz of wireless multichannel video distribution and data service ("MVDDS") spectrum licenses that cover a population of 150 million in 45 DMAs including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)