Dish vs Voom on HD

JianDan

Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
I will probably make a similar posting in the Voom Forum as well.
I currently subsrcibe to VOOM. I wouldn't say I am happy with all VOOM provided, but I really like the HD image quality on my 40" Sony CRT HDTV.
VOOM cannot provide a schedule on when it will have a HD DVR ready, and I like the price of DISH's 921. I do have two questions:
1. Does anyone have a sense on the HD image quality between the two providers: DISH vs VOOM?
2. Does DISH provide the local OTA HD antenna or I should go to purchase one? (VOOM did provide me the locat OTA HD antenna)?

Thanks.

Image quality on Dish is better but in the progamming department they are an absolute dud. I'm really thinking of dumping them because they have announced no movement for HD in the next year, it's really sad. :(

As for Voom's HD-DVR the live actual box is at CES and their will reports about it on this site this week, so it's arrival is not far off...

Also, no dish does not have OTA antennas (not really a big deal) I'm not even sure if Voom comes and collects that stuff if you cancel...

so you must be satisfied with the Dish then. It will be interesting if I move to DISH. I started from the Directv, now VOOM, later DISH. I will have all 3 antenna on my roof. I am gald there is no 4th satellite provider for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)