Dish wall mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Had to add to my service order for the installer to mount my tv on the wall... any idea which wall mount they will be using and are they good wall mounts or cheap???

Had to add to my service order for the installer to mount my tv on the wall... any idea which wall mount they will be using and are they good wall mounts or cheap???

First of all depending on what you ordered....the TV mounting service does not include the mounting hardware. things change so rapidly at dish with out updating the tech force this may not be 100% true. They may have decided now to make a combo, I don't know how it is advertised. Secondly.. to answer the real question. The mounts that DNS in-house carries are very good mounts. I have mounted mine with the one provided by dish and its super solid. Tilts and has spacers if you need it farther away from the wall for plugs and cords and what not.

Don't be surprised if the order did not include the hardware...however you may get a motivated tech to make a deal with onsite.

Last time I had a TV mount work order the customer told me that the csr said it was included, I told him it wasnt. We discussed it with my manager and he agreed to waive the fee. But the customer also purchased power relocation so that made up for it.

To note the wall mount does not include fishing cables thru the wall.

First of all depending on what you ordered....the TV mounting service does not include the mounting hardware. things change so rapidly at dish with out updating the tech force this may not be 100% true. They may have decided now to make a combo, I don't know how it is advertised. Secondly.. to answer the real question. The mounts that DNS in-house carries are very good mounts. I have mounted mine with the one provided by dish and its super solid. Tilts and has spacers if you need it farther away from the wall for plugs and cords and what not.

Don't be surprised if the order did not include the hardware...however you may get a motivated tech to make a deal with onsite.

Last time I had a TV mount work order the customer told me that the csr said it was included, I told him it wasnt. We discussed it with my manager and he agreed to waive the fee. But the customer also purchased power relocation so that made up for it.

To note the wall mount does not include fishing cables thru the wall.

What do you mean without the hardware??? (What is the 249.99 charge for then???)

I was told by the csr everything was included ... no wires will be needed to be fished...power and hdmi are already installed I just need it mounted

Thanks for the response

What do you mean without the hardware??? (What is the 249.99 charge for then???)

I was told by the csr everything was included ... no wires will be needed to be fished...power and hdmi are already installed I just need it mounted

Thanks for the response

What size TV did you tell them you were mounting? Over 41 inches? Supposed to be a 2 person job, but I can bet ya only 1 Guy shows up. Any ways.

Yeah usually the mount isn't included, its professional mounting. Guaranteed and basically insured. If your TV falls off the wall, guess what, dish comes and has somebody fix it and redo it and fix/repair your TV. Anyways, chances are you tell the tech that the csr said it was included and you'll get the mount included. Besides...if you change your mind about it you can remove that part of the install.... or do your tech a favor and tell em to remove it and then add it as an add on and give the Guy a credit for a sale you were gonna buy anyways.

What size TV did you tell them you were mounting? Over 41 inches? Supposed to be a 2 person job, but I can bet ya only 1 Guy shows up. Any ways.

Yeah usually the mount isn't included, its professional mounting. Guaranteed and basically insured. If your TV falls off the wall, guess what, dish comes and has somebody fix it and redo it and fix/repair your TV. Anyways, chances are you tell the tech that the csr said it was included and you'll get the mount included. Besides...if you change your mind about it you can remove that part of the install.... or do your tech a favor and tell em to remove it and then add it as an add on and give the Guy a credit for a sale you were gonna buy anyways.

Gotcha...tv is over 41"...I was told eveeything...60 day warranty and even asked about the tv and was told that was covered as well if it fell off

1 more vote, the cost is for labor only. The mount, depending which you pick, can be between 100 & 200. Ive had several customers order their mount from other websites and pay us just for labor. Our mounts are good quality, and cheaper than best buy, but Amazon or Monoprice can probably do better.

I hope the hardware is not included. $250 for a professional wall mount install is too cheap. Some wall mounts alone are $250. The warrantied labor alone should be $250 especially if there are two men there.

Well as of 5/22 anything over $160 can not be added to the account...it has to be paid upfront and I dont have that kind of money...

Which brings me to my next issue...above the fireplace there are 3 studs but the 2 on the outside are to far apart for my wall mount...it is a 60" plasma samsung...how do I go about getting this mounted on the wall if the studs are to far apart

Last edited:
Well as of 5/22 anything over $160 can not be added to the account...it has to be paid upfront and I dont have that kind of money...

Which brings me to my next issue...above the fireplace there are 3 studs but the 2 on the outside are to far apart for my wall mount...it is a 60" plasma samsung...how do I go about getting this mounted on the wall if the studs are to far apart

From personal experience of mounting a dozens of mine or friends tv's as long as the tv isn't over 85 pounds a single stud with 2-3 inch lags that were pre-drilled along with 4 more lags with self expanding/flanging anchors well have zero problems. The only reason that would not work if it was a pull-out/swing arm mount and then you absolutely need 2 studs.

On a side note go to monoprice and buy your own mount, they are very reasonably priced and all the ones I've bought have been very well built. Then go buy a $20 stud finder and mount it yourself. Once you do it you will understand why$250 is WAY OVERPRICED

From personal experience of mounting a dozens of mine or friends tv's as long as the tv isn't over 85 pounds a single stud with 2-3 inch lags that were pre-drilled along with 4 more lags with self expanding/flanging anchors well have zero problems. The only reason that would not work if it was a pull-out/swing arm mount and then you absolutely need 2 studs.

On a side note go to monoprice and buy your own mount, they are very reasonably priced and all the ones I've bought have been very well built. Then go buy a $20 stud finder and mount it yourself. Once you do it you will understand why$250 is WAY OVERPRICED

I have a mount and a stud finder...the mount fits in between the two studs...

I. Mount. I

It comes up short on either side...the studs are to far apart...60"samsung plasma Im not sure of weight...

Is it possible to get 2x4 or a good piece of wood and put those into the studs and then mount it onto the added wood??? Or is that not very sturdy???

Depending on the mount the plate can be mounted on the wall to one side so it can catch two studs. The arms mounted on the TV can slide on the wall plate in order to center your TV. This, of course, can only work if there is enough room. The mount itself does not always have to be perfectly centered since there can be adjustments made.

Cut a piece of plywood long enough to span the two studs. Since it is above fireplace you might want to go entire width of wall so it looks OK. Plywood needs to be a few inches wider than mount.

Bevel cut and sand edges of plywood so it doesn't just look like a hunk of wood you stuck on the wall. Then paint the wood to match wall.

Screw the mount to the plywood using the biggest possible screws.

Depending on the mount the plate can be mounted on the wall to one side so it can catch two studs. The arms mounted on the TV can slide on the wall plate in order to center your TV. This, of course, can only work if there is enough room. The mount itself does not always have to be perfectly centered since there can be adjustments made.

This is how I mounted my 55" Samsung LED. Offset just far enough to get one side into a stud, the other using some heavy-duty wall anchors from Home Depot. The side-to-side adjustment more than made up for the wall plate being off center.

Also...for anyone reading that needs one...another vote for Monoprice mounts. Solid as a rock and MUCH less expensive than local retail outlets! Good Stuff! :up

Dish does carry the metal stud kits, but most vans do not carry them. The work great for drywall!

The 250 is for installation only and does not include the mount. I do believe the charge for the mount is $99 dollars. This is standard in the Home Theater industry, for example with Geek Squad its 370 bucks including the mount regular price is 470.

Dish does carry the metal stud kits, but most vans do not carry them. The work great for drywall!

The 250 is for installation only and does not include the mount. I do believe the charge for the mount is $99 dollars. This is standard in the Home Theater industry, for example with Geek Squad its 370 bucks including the mount regular price is 470.

It may not be the hardest job in some cases but it is still a skilled labor and needs to be charged as such. I would say $250 sounds about right for a large TV to be mounted on the wall for a customer.

I have a mount and a stud finder...the mount fits in between the two studs...

I. Mount. I

It comes up short on either side...the studs are to far apart...60"samsung plasma Im not sure of weight...

Is it possible to get 2x4 or a good piece of wood and put those into the studs and then mount it onto the added wood??? Or is that not very sturdy???

I had a customer with pretty much the same issue. No studs close enough. I told them to get a piece of 3/4 inch plywood to cover the expansion. They secured the ply wood to the studs. Way bigger than I expected. They litterally covered from top of mantel.to roof then painted it wall color. It blended in very nicely and was super stable. Made it very easy to put the mount on the wall.

ashutto20 said:
Would it be sturdy enough if the tv is on the center stud???

There is one stud in the middle

How big of a tv? I have a 38" mounted on a full motion mount. With just two lags into a stud, that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts