Dish Wants FCC to Block Verizon's XO Buy

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish Communications has come out swinging in opposition to Verizon's acquisition of XO Communications, saying the deal will give Verizon total dominance over the spectrum necessary to build fifth generation (5G) networks. Verizon announced its intent to buy XO's fiber businesses for $1.8 billion back in February. But in a filing with the FCC, Dish complains that if the FCC allows the deal to proceed, "millimeter wave spectrum in a critical frequency range will be controlled almost exclusively by Verizon."

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...898?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

While I don't think anyone should have complete control over an entire segment of spectrum, I wish Dish would shut the hell up about mobile communications (not to mention quit wasting money on it) and concentrate on their satellite business.

While I don't think anyone should have complete control over an entire segment of spectrum, I wish Dish would shut the hell up about mobile communications (not to mention quit wasting money on it) and concentrate on their satellite business.
There's a reason why Dish wants to get in the wireless business, they want to have another way to give people in Rural areas to get internet or Internet TV without needing a satellite. They want to still make money when the lose a majority of satellite customer to cord cutting.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Reactions: DishDave
The HopperGo is probably going to be out soon because they're giving all the dealers that attended Team Summit one. Supposed to be shipped to us next week.

I haven't gotten a full report yet. The GooGoo Dolls are playing now so I won't hear much more until after that. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
elon musks space x is ready roll out a satellite internet offering.

the satellites will be small and cheap, placed in to LEO to keep ping time sort. a few hundred miles high

cable is probably shaking in fear. theyre being attacked in all diirections:)

cord cutters, direct and dish....