Dish wants NCR to remove Blockbuster name from video rental kiosks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As I thought, 90% of the Dish resellers here are "Cellular Connections". Looks like they're just a store-front for "Dish Activations" in Marion IN too.

I do see DEL CID SATELLITE INC and PROGRESSIVE SATELLITE in two nearby, smaller cities...

I think the number of traditional retailers that have their own local installers and local showrooms that keep things in stock like the good old days are minuscule compared to the number of 'retailers' that are actually just businesses that have a login with the ability to take orders which then get sent through national install networks. Likewise, I think the idea of pairing kiosks with 'retailers' is probably not a very viable idea when you take that into account.

Likewise, I think the idea of pairing kiosks with 'retailers' is probably not a very viable idea when you take that into account.
My money says it won't happen.... Or, if they do try it, it won't last. There's simply not enough traffic. There's a reason why Redbox puts machines in/near Wal-Marts and McDonalds !

My money says it won't happen.... Or, if they do try it, it won't last. There's simply not enough traffic. There's a reason why Redbox puts machines in/near Wal-Marts and McDonalds !

That is my thought exactly. A DVD rental kiosk is not a destination, and putting a $10,000 machine at every (serious) DISH retailer isn't going to "drive traffic". Plus, a DISH retailer isn't the kind of place that you need repeat customers. Pairing kiosks with retailers might be a good idea as a marginal add-on, but if that is the main strategy, it is doomed to failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)