Dish wants to give me Eastern Arc but I still have an old 510 receiver I wanna keep

Scott6760

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 10, 2006
North Carolina
If they insist on giving me the 1000.4 I know my 510 won't work, but if I buy my own 1000+ without telling Dish will my new receivers work? Are there any local channels or regional sports networks for the Raleigh, NC area that aren't available on the 1000+? Is there a better solution without upgrading my 510?

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. I am getting a 722 and a 222, I will need 129 for HD nationals and 118 for HD locals.

Since the 510 does not need to see 129 or 118, you don't need the 1000+ for just the one receiver, unless you don't want two dishes on your home. Or you can wait till you get set up with the two new receivers, then contact Dish to see what they will give you for the 510.

How are the signal levels on the Eastern Arc dish compared to what I would see on 129 in North Carolina ZIP 27603? If the signal is strong on the new birds I'll just use the eastern Arc dish for the 722 and 222 and another Dish 500 for 110/119 for the 510. I was an installer for Dish for about three years and I have a friend who still does it, so I have the equipment to do any configuration I want, I just don't have any experience with the Eastern Arc dish.

Scott, I'm in western NC and recently self-switched to EA. Signal levels are high 60's on 61.5, low 60's on 72 & 77. Charlotte LIL's are on both 61.5 and 118.7. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Raleigh, since the EA inception. I think, but am not sure, that the HD sportsouth has made it to the EA as well. I don't know for sure because I'm an HDabsolute sub, and don't qualify for RSN's.

EDIT: I just checked "the list", and FOXS HD (420) and sportsouth HD (437) are both on 61.5

Last edited:
Since when? As of last summer when I stopped installing Raleigh HD locals were only on 118. If we could have gotten them off 61.5 I would have been in heaven.

they wouldnt be trying to put you on eastern arc if your locals were not there...

they wouldnt be trying to put you on eastern arc if your locals were not there...

Exactly! If, as a new sub, you would be getting the 722/222/EA dish, then all the programming you've ordered would be present on those 3 sats...no worries. The next best option to still use your 510 would depend on where your standard def locals are (you'd still want those on your 510). If they are on 119 or 110, then go with a D500 (for 119 & 110) with a 2nd dish pointed at 61.5 for your HD stuff. DON'T use a DPP Twin as you would want to run a line for each sat into a DPP-33 switch. Now you have 3 outputs for your 3 receivers. You CAN'T use DPP Twin LNB's with this switch as it's not compatible - go with 3 DP Duals (or a DP Twin & a DP Dual). All receivers now happy!

If you have a friend who still does this, check with him as where the locals are at & take it from there.

Since when? As of last summer when I stopped installing Raleigh HD locals were only on 118. If we could have gotten them off 61.5 I would have been in heaven.
EKB: Dish Network Channels at 61.5°
OK Raleigh locals in HD are on the 61.5 bird. As are FOXSS and Comcast Sports Mid Atlantic. I will dig further to see where MASN and MASN2 are. But the two D-500's will work for your national & local HD stuff as well as the SD stuff for your beloved 510....Just curious. If you're getting the 722 and 222, why are you keeping the 510 active? 5th tv?
Update.....Raleigh locals in SD are also on the 61.5

Don't Ask Me

I don't know when they put them up there. Maybe you can scan the uplink reports and find out when.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)