DISH Website HD Demo Still Mentions 1920X1080i!

Honestly, until ALL chans are under 1920x1080i, no one has anything (legally) on them (not to mention it says 1280x720p TO 1920x1080i ) :/

But here it is attached (oh, and its (C) dishnetwork :p)

Attachments

• dishhd.jpg
    dishhd.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 194
CJPC said:
(not to mention it says 1280x720p TO 1920x1080i )

The "to" would be a weak argument for E* to fall back on since to suggest that it is an all inclusive range means that you'd have to mix (p) and (i) formats. Regardless, that is under the table for "Monitor Type" and wouldn't override the text where they use "or".

I am sure Dish pays big bucks to their lawers so loop holes work for them, not against. A good lawyer always leave a couple of ways out of a confining statement of "Truth".

Or the 'a crazy web programmer, who has been fired' etc.. route would work as well, he was misinformed, too many loopholes :/

I've said this before (in a dozen other threads) but this info should go to show the many references including the ATSC and FCC who have specified what real HDTV is. A lawsuit isn't the answer, it is the FTC who will regulate and enforce what can and can't be labeled as HDTV.

The longer HD-Lite is in existence, the more weight the "industry standard" begins to have when D* and E* make their case. Forbidding them from calling it HD is all we would need to motivate companies to correct their HD PQ. The vast majority of Comcast service areas would be slapping that HD label on everything.

Great find, bookwalk! At least now we can point E* at their own definition of HD!

I am so torqued off by the insulting offer for previous 942 leasors--we paid $249 just a few months ago to get ALL the VOOm channels and now we have to pay another $299 to get the channels by Feb 1 and a dish we don't need because most of us had to pay for the extra HD dish then, too.

Can't there be some mid-way offer--such as just swapping out the 942 and not replacing the dishes?

Also, what is Charlies email address? We need to email him EN MASSE!

Charlie is HD Lite in the head!!!!

With taxes due, high heating costs and gas costs, etc, losing Lifetime, HD lite, why would I shell out $299 to get a few more HD channels just a couple of months early--plus a Dish I don't need!

PLUS the rates are going up, too! Well, at least I have C-band to fall back to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)