DISH Whole House DVR estimated release date?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Does anyone know when DISH's Whole House DVR solution is due to be released? We are moving into a house next month and I'm definitely going satellite for TV. We had U-verse at our apartment in the metroplex and I got spoiled on their Whole House DVR.

Or if someone knows they could post it here where it you would not have to search through oodles of pages...

As with every other Dish Network new equipment announcement... "Soon."

JUST like the SLING EXTENDER. Still waiting for it's release : Since July of 2010 and still waiting................

I would take a "safe" guess and say Spring of 2012. (Although I have been hearing that it COULD be out before that.)

sure it does

When will it be out? Echostar is working to get the box to DISH Network by November, when DISH Network gets the box out the door is anyone's guess. Personally I wouldnt be surprised if we did not see it until next year.

and thats whats still known

sure it does
and thats whats still known
you should have bolded it .. :) ... "by november" ... even then they'd have still said "well that was may ..... are they still saying ..."

And yet there is the old answer that is still valid.. a 722k is a whole home 2 tuner DVR in SD form ... you do the home distribution in COAX .. and you can choose between tuner1's output or tuner2's output by changing the NTSC channel on your TV. You would need to get a second UHF remote if you wanted both Tuners controlled when away from the physical receiver ... but that's what they've got..

Now.. the *smart* wiring .. would be to run all your cable (even dual if you have room for it) from all your rooms back to one central point.. ID them so you know which is which later.. and then you could patch through satellite feeds to any room you want and put a box there.. LATER, when the new x813's and stuff come out... then you're tying all the 110's back to the patch room .... and feeding on to the 813 in one area..

In the mean time if you don't want to have 5 satellite boxes... you have your 722k in one room, single Sat feed TO the box.. take the Coax feed *from* the box... and back in your media cross over room.. you split and patch all the other rooms in... and again... they have NTSC signal fed to them for Tuner1 or 2.

And again.. yes I know that's SD ... but it works for now, and gives you expansion to the future!

Neutron

I just have to ask. Are you just trying to stir the coals or what. With 11,369 post you have read and posted hear enough that you know the answer to your question. Dish said soon on the sling extender in January of 2010. 21 months later it is still not here. Dish said the end of this year a few months ago on HHDVR. So it stands to reason HHDVR will be out late 2012 or early 2013 at best.
I have set a cut off date for myself. Come next march when I get an income tax refund if Dish does not have the Sling Extender or HHDVR by then I will go to Direct. I am tired of watching SD on my second tv off my 922.

You probably don't know this but neutron has been out of the loop for awhile. I'm positive that he is not trying to stir the coals. He is asking a question because he wants to know. Nothing more nothing less.

And remember, if you are already a Dish customer, you will probably not be offered this new setup, because it requires rewiring and replacing everything - for new subs ONLY.

And remember, if you are already a Dish customer, you will probably not be offered this new setup, because it requires rewiring and replacing everything - for new subs ONLY.

May not be offered, but that doesn't mean it wont be in my house shortly after launch (assuming it actually works as promised). I'm willing to pay full price for it and install it myself.

I have set a cut off date for myself. Come next march when I get an income tax refund if Dish does not have the Sling Extender or HHDVR by then I will go to Direct. I am tired of watching SD on my second tv off my 922.

Same here. My contract is up in November of 2012. If I can't upgrade my system for less than it would cost to install a comparable DirecTV system, I'm gone. I like DISH otherwise, but I have to get some sort of whole house solution going, regardless of the provider.

Same here. My contract is up in November of 2012. If I can't upgrade my system for less than it would cost to install a comparable DirecTV system, I'm gone. I like DISH otherwise, but I have to get some sort of whole house solution going, regardless of the provider.

Thing about that price situation is that D* will hook you up with up to 4 (May have changed as of late) boxes and all the bells and whistles for practically nothin with decent credit. So, looks like you will be joining the good guys. haha I know I just p.oed a bunch with that, Im just pickin` they both have their ups and downs.

If E* doesn't have this out the door by then, they are really in trouble.

..... Come next march when I get an income tax refund if Dish does not have the Sling Extender or HHDVR by then I will go to Direct. I am tired of watching SD on my second tv off my 922.

It's been out for quite some time now that the Sling Extender has been dropped. Ain't coming out, ever.

Now, as to the XiP813 release date: In a few days, at CES, Dish is likely to announce a release date. And a whole lot of information on the product, some of which we may not know already. Now, will they meet that release date? Who knows. But maybe they will feel they MUST meet it. Will it be available to existing customers? They'll tell us, perhaps even at CES. We can wait a few more days and go from there.

Add me to the list of going to D*, we have been a dish customer for about 12 year and outta contract. We added a bedroom tv and my son is at the age we feel it's appropriate he can watch Tv in his room. I perfer dish equipment but it's a competive world.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts