Dish wont activate 211 receiver

cem1383

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Cobleskill NY
Called dish today to activate a 211 receiver that i purchased off ebay. It was brand new sealed in the box and they told me because they didnt install the separate dish for 61.5 that they have to have a tech come out and do it. What can i do to get around this? There is no point for the tech to come out and hookup a dish that is already installed.

I would try calling again, try a different csr, you may have to ask for tech help. Let them know it is already installed and you just want it activated.

Tell them that you were once an installer and you already have the both dishes up and the A/O ran. That you know what you are doing. Try calling tech support and avoid the CSR's.

Try the online chat. Ive had much better results using it than on the phone. The CSRs seem to be much more educated.

Just go directly to tech support. The tech csrs have the most power at their fingertips. Call late at night and often they are very happy just to have someone to talk to. The regular csrs don't understand the concept of self-installing for the most part.

CSR Roulette is a dumb game you must play...

Dish really needs to close their foreign call centers, they are costing them lots of customers and lost money from these CSR's who don't understand.

Called dish today to activate a 211 receiver that i purchased off ebay. It was brand new sealed in the box and they told me because they didnt install the separate dish for 61.5 that they have to have a tech come out and do it. What can i do to get around this? There is no point for the tech to come out and hookup a dish that is already installed.
Just tell them you won't pay for a service call and to just activate the d*** receiver. That usually slows them down.

Heck, you cannot hardly get Dish Network to activated a standard receiver at 119 anymore, let alone an MPEG-4 receiver at another slot. I used to have no problems activating them but anymore they try to act like your dish setup is not right or they say your receiver has a balance owed or is on another account when previously they weren't. I was almost sued once over this earlier this year and at another house I had to wait an hour or so before they finally activated the dang thing. It gets old fast and I am so sick and tired of their ignorance.

Know exactly what you mean.

I'm not a tech there anymore. So difficult for the pay, not to mention that you risk your life every day over $60. No insurance, so when you get an (inevitable) injury you're completely screwed. This is not even to mention no retirement.

Try the online chat. Ive had much better results using it than on the phone. The CSRs seem to be much more educated.

this is how i got my 211 activated. csr's were giving me the same excuse over the phone. Remember to always get the receiver id before purchasing over ebay. that way you can make sure you'll have no problems with dish. even if the auction says it's new get the receiver info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts