DISH Won't do install...

It's generaly that easy here in michigan, as long as you've got written permission from the property owner or management firm and have had miss dig called out and theyve marked the path's of burried utilities all thats left is to make sure you have your reschedule date and we can come out to put it in as long as there is a clear line osite and a ground source and we have permission to drill wall penetration(s) to get the coax into your apartment.

Temp mount is a commercial non penetrating roof mount grid, it uses upwards of 8 cement blocks for stability and the dish mounts to it, you can see alot of these on your local malls roof with various dish's on them. Theres a sloped roof version that straddles the ridge line of a roof but I cant remember what it uses to stay immobile on the roof.

I can tell you that this has been a hassle since day 1.
This will be my last apartment, for sure.

Anyway, I may have found a way to avoid the neighbor's yard all together by attaching a 24 inch pole (parallel to the ground or on an angle, whatever is best for support) one of the columns on my balconey and then attaching the dish mounting pole to that and pointing it up over the roof. I'd basically be just extending a J-pole to get the dish to look over the roof.

Either that or the neighbor's yard. The neighbor next to me has both dish and direct tv out there.