dish wont let my tv tuner record

himat408

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
bay area
i finally got decent picture and quality and got rid of the lag. but now when i try to record, it always says copyrighted material. it won't let me record any channel. i'm trying to get my religious music off my dvr. i tried other programs but they dont work with my kworld 330. i've hooked it up via composite cables. it is better than the antenna connection and clearer. when i try other softwares, they don't work with the tuner. i guess they don't detect the tuner or something. i tried beyond tv, but it just wont show up when i try to start it. it kept saying someprogram was off so it turned it back on, it would keep giving that message. sagetv didn't work either, i chose composite video but no video came up. any software that can record off my dvr through m y tuner and the composite cables.

i finally got decent picture and quality and got rid of the lag. but now when i try to record, it always says copyrighted material.
I for one would be very interested to hear how you got rid of the lag and improved picture quality. Was it the switch to composite (alone) that improved the quality?

Which software are you using to record? Arcsoft TotalMedia?

Note that if you are most interested in the audio for music, then you can skip the video entirely and just record the audio with your PC's sound card "Line" input.

why not just hook up to the audio inputs and record the music that way? I presume the DRM is on the video line & not the analog audio????

Wow Krell, you beat me to it :)

Last edited:
Music has DRM
:confused: He's not downloading this music from some online store. He's trying to capture it using the analog outputs of his receiver. Are you telling us that there is some sort of DRM imposed on Dish analog outputs?

i already have the music just not the video. the website of the temple gives the music but not the video. i got rid of the lag by opening task manager and turning off a bunch of cpu consuming programs. composite has better quality than analog. analog has an annoying ring when i play it, the ring has always been there. i'm using arcsoft totalmedia. the video is clear but not crystal clear. it still looks better when hooked up to the tv than with the tuner. but its clear enough. channels from south asia aren't known for their picture quality anyways.

is there a way to get rid of the drm in total media or do i need some other software. i'd prefer some other software because total media to me is trash

I wasn't aware that Dish was using DRM on anything other than certain PPV and premium channels. When did this change, and does anyone have a list of all affected channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts