Dish you have lost another one I am at wits end.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I have never dealt with a company who's customer service is as absolutely clueless and horrible as that of Dish network! I have liked my Dish service up until now but I am done with this level of incompetence and high price! I just canceled my 622 installation and ordered cable which will be installed Monday.

I Had watched the Charlie chats and read this group for the last year to kept up to date on what's coming down the pipe so I was really excited when I saw the Charlie Chat introducing the 622, so much so that I went and bought a HD TV with my tax refund this year. Charlie made things sound good in the Charlie Chat. $299 for the 622 including install and if your market was not going to have Satellite HD locals (that's me) you could get an OTA antenna for $49. So I thought $348 for the 622 installed and I got a bunch of HD channels including locals. This price seemed high since I would actually own nothing but I was willing to pay it. So I attempted to order this.
1st try
I call dish and speak to someone who barely understands English that has no clue what I am talking about.
2cnd try
I go buy the local place where I initially signed up for dish. I find out they are no longer a retailer but just a dish installer and they tell me I have to call Dish.
3rd try
I again call dish and speak to someone who barely understands English but I think I get what I want and place my order the total is $299 plus a $49.99 handling fee. I tried to confirm I was getting the OTA antenna but the guy was so hard to understand I was not sure but I let the order stand.
4th try
I call back just to be sure I am getting the OTA antenna that the CEO of the company said I could get.I again speak to someone who barely understands English that has no clue what I am talking about. I am told that no such thing is available and If I wanted HD local I would have to handle the Antenna install on my own. I had checked and I was looking at spending around $150 to buy an antenna and install it myself. This would have had me spending around $500 to upgrade to HD with no guarantee I would get my locals in HD. At this point I canceled the 622 order and called the cable company.

In my one call to the cable company I spoke to an American that spoke good clear English, knew the products the company offered, and was able to answer every question I threw at her. To top this off Cable WILL COST LESS per month, they are installing it for free, I do not have to pay $350 for the privilege to be able to rent an HD DVR from them, and there is no 18 month commitment.

Maybe Dish is better for you or you do not have options but for me Dish Network is nothing shy of horrible and I will never be with them again.

Some thoughts for Dish to keep from loosing more customers.
1) Offer 2 customer service numbers. The first would be a free one that would be manned buy Indians that are completely clueless and hard to understand. The second would have a $10.00 a call charge it would be manned buy Americans that spoke good clear English as their first language, they would be well versed on all of the companies products and offerings.
2) Do not do live Charlie Chats. Prerecord them and make all the CSRs watch them prior to them being aired. The idea of a CEO of a company going on live TV and making offers it CSRs know nothing about is nothing short of incredibly STUPID!

The chats are done live to allow us the customers the ability to ask questions to the ceo, those that are lucky to get passed the screeners. However though, I do agree that the customer service reps should be watching as well.

I left this part out

In the middle of this I decided to Email support for answers. After two days I never got a reply. That is another beef of mine. If you are not going to respond to a business email in under half of a work day then do not have the email as there is no point to it.

I called last night to try to upgrade to the new HD packages. I called 3 times and the first two times I got two different answers on the price and could barely understand the CSR. The third time I called and got an American and understood them clearly and yet again I got a different answer on my price. At this point I told them to forget it and I would not upgrade and then hung up.

Whenever I call Dish, I go to teck support, not a CSR, I have always got a person that speaks perfect english, and knows what they are doing.

No matter what I am calling about, I call tech support only, so that I do not have do talk to the outsourced CSR's that don't have a clue.

I agree

Fiber cable is being installed in my town . Goodby Charlie Crap !
I will do a Jimmi Hendrix to my 942 (burn it with lighter fluid):p

Me Too!

I dropped Dishnetwork after being a loyal subscriber for many years. They changed the Russian lineup and removed Channel 1 and replaced it with some inferior channel. We emailed them at least four times and my wife emailed Channel 1 and got a reply the same day saying they were surprised as anyone they were dropped. Anyway, we have found that DirecTV carries a very good Russian channel package, including Channel 1. So now we are using DirecTV and getting four Russian channels for the same price we were paying for two with Dishnetwork.

To make it more interesting, we finally received an email response one month after we cancelled Dish, saying they had the option of changing their programming, which is true. But for crying out loud, at least respond in a timely matter. We are happy with DirecTV. I will say that whenever I needed tech support they were pretty good and I always got an english speaking tech. It was getting to them that was a problem sometimes.

I'm finished. Just wanted to add my two cents.....

MrM

How comes every gripe post's ultimately turns into a D vs E . I can although appreciate a good beef however and do not discourage posting it ,but lets face it they both stink in numerous ares as does cable and whatever new offering come along will more than likely go the same way.

Just my 2 cents

This is my last month of Dish. I'm going back to cable. I got a pretty sweet deal from TWC for $49.99 a month for 12 months for all channels (not international) and a HD DVR (no upfront costs to me). TWC will be at my house in two weeks to install everything. I just can't see myself spending $300 for the right to lease a receiver AND have to pay $100 for them to add a 2nd dish on my property. The wife was totally against having two dishes on our property.

MrMylesG said:
I dropped Dishnetwork after being a loyal subscriber for many years. They changed the Russian lineup and removed Channel 1 and replaced it with some inferior channel. We emailed them at least four times and my wife emailed Channel 1 and got a reply the same day saying they were surprised as anyone they were dropped. Anyway, we have found that DirecTV carries a very good Russian channel package, including Channel 1. So now we are using DirecTV and getting four Russian channels for the same price we were paying for two with Dishnetwork.

To make it more interesting, we finally received an email response one month after we cancelled Dish, saying they had the option of changing their programming, which is true. But for crying out loud, at least respond in a timely matter. We are happy with DirecTV. I will say that whenever I needed tech support they were pretty good and I always got an english speaking tech. It was getting to them that was a problem sometimes.

I'm finished. Just wanted to add my two cents.....

MrM

You should take a look here : www.overseatv.com.
$29.99 for 8 Russian channels. They also have Ukranian, Polish, German, Italian packages. I got my box today in mail. Can't wait to test it tonight.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)