Dish322 purchase

dmfabri

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I have two old echostar receivers, I think a model 1000 and 4000 (UHF remote) that I purchased almost 15 years ago. I have Dish 500 and I pay a monthly charge for an extra receiver. I am interested in consolidating these into one receiver – I do not want hd or dvr, so the receiver that appears to be indicated is the DISH322. I have read that these cannot be purchased outright and must be leased, but I find them for sale on the net. If I were to purchase one, should I expect any issues from DN? Thanks in advance.

When purchasing any used receiver on the net get the R00 & S00 numbers and call DISH to verify they aren't leased/have a balance owed on them and are released for redployment. If listed as NEW you might still want to check to be sure they really are new.

No you can purchase a receiver and activate it without a problem. Dish itself has most all of its receivers in a lease only format. There are places online such as dish store where you can get a brand new receiver for a good price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)