Hide Progress Bar?

katsfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Is there any way to hide the progress bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when the "Pause" button is pressed? Sometimes, there are things I want to see on the bottom portion of the screen when the program is paused, but the progress bar covers up this area. I have a ViP722.

I should have done a search before posting my question. :(I found this infomation in a post from 2006:
Normally when you press Pause, and then press the Forward button, you go to 1/15 slow motion, but there is a jump in time of a few seconds to the point where the slow motion begins. But I have discovered if you press Pause, then press the Skip Ahead button, then press Forward, you will start 1/15 slow motion from exactly the point where you paused, with no discontinuity.

If you try this, you will notice when you press pause, there will be a white progress bar at the bottom of the screen, then when you press Skip Ahead, (the button that usually causes you to skip ahead 30 seconds in Play mode,) pressing Skip Ahead while paused doesn't make you skip ahead 30 seconds, instead it makes the white progress bar disappear, and be replaced by a small icon that looks like a Pause bar with a Play arrow. Like this 'II>'. You can then start forward (or backward) slow motion from the pause point.

Here is the link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...r-seamless-slo-mo-timers-list.html#post719944

I think that in the past I have pressed the forward button, and it goes away......
The blue 'FWD' button makes it go away, but it also forwards the recording in slow motion (1/15th speed).

The yellow 'Skip FWD' button removes the progress bar when in pause (that's probably what you were referring to).

Try the back and skip back buttons as well.

If you want to take a screen shot with a camera during pause, and don't want anything but picture, then you hit pause, skip fwd., then cancel buttons.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts