dish500

Yes, not that I particularly care to answer any of michael havens posts as it is becoming more and more obvious he is attempting to steal service, but 118.7 is an oddball of a satellite that actually has a circular polarized FSS payload. Strange huh?

Yeah..I thought the medium power FSS birds were linear.
I ddin't pick up on the FTA angle by the OP.

Seriously.... my dad's dish has 118, 119, and 127 locked in the barrel numbered 1 while the barrel numbered 2 has satellite 110 pinned. I have further found out that it is a turbo hd dish not a dish500.

To who? ;)
Seriously.... my dad's dish has 118, 119, and 127 locked in the barrel numbered 1 while the barrel numbered 2 has satellite 110 pinned. I have further found out that it is a turbo hd dish not a dish500.
The dishes labeled TurboHD are the 1000.2 and 1000.4. Neither picks up 118 (could you be mis-reading a slashed 0 on the meter?), and Dish has no satellite at 127. Please run a Check Switch at menu-6-1-1 and tell us what it reports. Might also help to see pictures of the whole dish, close-up of the LNBs, and close-up of the outputs.

Goofy me... it is 129 not 127. As for the 118 bird that is what it tells me. After the switch test it tells me that on all of the birds listed (119,110, and 129) trans is ok and that reception is verified. It also informs me that the switch is a DPP 1K.2

I think a review is in order. You are playing with a 1000.2 and (on a Dish Network receiver) it shows 110/119/129 all coming in properly. A 1000.2 was designed for those 3 sats; it cannot "see" 118 since it lacks the FSS dual-mode LNB. The 1000+ was designed for all 4 birds, but it lacks an internal switch.

So where exactly are you reading 118? Non-Dish equipment?

118 is seen by the birdog. out of port 1 the birdog detects satallite 118.7, 119,and 129. Out of port 2 the birdog says it sees 110. There is no switch or DiSEqC combining the signal into one cable so I don't understand how it sees the 110 coming out of port 2 since the cable coming from port two is connected to nothing. perhaps it is saying 118 when it means 110. Doubtful; but perhaps.

I just went out and switched the ports that the receiver is connected too and now I know that both ports are seeing all of the sats. It is just the birdog that says the 110 is on port 2 while the other birds are on port 1. How peculiar! Perhaps it is how the dish sees the birds. What do you think? There must be a switch in the LNB. Wait.... you mean the 1000+ lacks an internal switch. I understand.

Last edited:
Read and repeat:

You have a Dish 1000.2

The switch is built in the LNB to combine 110.119.129

You will NEVER get 118 with that dish.

.............EVER!!

Yes. The 1000.2 LNB assembly has an integrated DishPro Plus switch with 3 outputs and 1 external input (in addition to the 3 built-in LNBs). I would speculate that your birdog needs a firmware update (?) so that it knows how to handle a 1000.2 switch. Or maybe how to read what the satellites say they are! You can use any of those 3 outputs to feed up to 3 Dish receivers, at least one of which must be a DishPro receiver because of the power required to run all that gear.

Will this work for linear transmissions? What I am wanting to do is take this 1000.2 dish and use it for true free-2-air. Or else is there a way to put a linear lnb on it?

not much on those sats with FTA
Nasa, Angel One, Ion and a few preview channels

Are there other satellites I could point it at with FTA transmission? There is a newer LNB on it that can interpret both linear and circular polarity. Or is the dish just too small to read most linear satellites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)