DISH522- How many DISH passes are possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slyster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
Does anyone know the limit for the number of dish pass timers that can be set? I am finding out I LOVE this feature and am using it more and more... now i wonder when I will hit the limit. I must have 20 set so far and see using many more as I get more detailed passes looking for specific words in the descriptions of programs :confused: I am up to 31 currently.. but I hope regular DVR timers are vanishing as I add passes!

I don't use dishpasses for to much since it will record a hundred shows if I don't specify a channel. I use regular timers from the guide like; weekly, daily, Mon-Fri. I do have a couple of dishpasses for actors I like . Then I get some nice surprises recorded sometimes. I like it better than Tivo suggestions. I have had both, Tivo and Dishplayer 942/522, and the 942/522 works better to me in terms of easiness. :cool:

Well.. that true.. if you program a show like Seinfeld or something.. but I use it far more precisely... so even with 30+ passes.. I record maybe 6-8 shows per day.. and I don't watch all of those.. I may delete them. I just would rather record things than take the time to search for them.

I still use regular search and timers for many programs.

Anyone know the answer of how many passes are possible?

I've seen people here with 60+ Dish passes. Of course that's usually right before the thing crashes taking all the passes with it ;). There is a guy in the TiVo community forums that has 493 Season Passes on his Directivo!

Up to 41 now.. no problems! (Unless this is causing my other weird timer problem.. see my newer post)

I currently have 64 Dish Passes that all I use for my recording I specify the channel so that it keeps the number of shows down. I prefer the dish passes since they are more flexable with the times since some showes get shifted around and a standard DVR event might not catch them. As of last night I had over 60 hours on the hard drive and no additional problems except the normal 522 audio drop outs and occasional video pixelations my software version is L2.39 currently.

750 Passes. For some reason 750 passes were set for ESPN News on my 522 and I couldn't add anymore without deleting them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts