DishAnywhere and RSN's / XM radio

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I have the new Hopper with Sling and I'm logged in to my DVR remotely. I notice that neither my RSN (Fox Sports Midwest) nor any of the XM radio stations appear in the guide. Will someone please tell me this is a cruel joke? I mean, if I can't watch my RSN remotely, it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Sling feature for me!!

I have the new Hopper with Sling and I'm logged in to my DVR remotely. I notice that neither my RSN (Fox Sports Midwest) nor any of the XM radio stations appear in the guide. Will someone please tell me this is a cruel joke? I mean, if I can't watch my RSN remotely, it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Sling feature for me!!

Works for me ,look at ch.412 then click it on the left to expand.

Collapsible Guide

Sirius xm-ch.99
RSN-412
International -600s
And there are a couple others.

image-3859949921.jpg

image-3298697802.jpg

I watch Fox Sports Detroit through my hopper with a sling adapter on my iPad all the time. The majority of use that my sling adapter gets is for live sports. I've noticed that the guide doesn't always load correctly the first time. I will often get locals that aren't mine listed in the guide when it first boots up and the connection indicator will be yellow instead of green on my iPad. I've found that when I select DVR it takes a second to actually connect to my sling adapter to show my recorded programs. When it does this the connection indicator switches from yellow to green. Once it turns green I can select guide again and the correct locals will now show up. Maybe if you try this it will show your local RSN like it should.

Works for me ,look at ch.412 then click it on the left to expand.

View attachment 84934

View attachment 84935

Ahh yes I didn't think of this. SirusXM and the RSNs are two groups of channels that require the drop down with Hoppers. If you are coming from an older receiver and this is your first experience with the hopper you might not realize that you have to expand the group to see individual channels.

If I manually type in 412, it says "This channel is not available in your area. Please select another channel." (see screen shot, which also shows this channel is not in my guide)index.jpg :eek:

I went ahead and downloaded Chrome and I get the same result. It's almost like they're purposely making those channels unavailable through the web-based site. I don't show a single XM channel or RSN in the guide at all on my end. If Dish is doing this intentionally, it's quite frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)