dishanywhere makng screen smaller

You need to turn off overscan. This is usually a TV function.
Overscan, in the old days, was used on analog sets to not have unpainted edges of the screen.
Most digital TVs provide a similar function but overscan will make sets with the correct Original Aspect Ratio (OTA) blurrier.
You may need to set the correct raster size 1280x720p or 1920x1080i on a per channel basis.
The 720p is used by ABC, ESPN, and other Disney and most Fox channels and where there are subchannels.
The 1080i by CBS, NBC, and full (non-subchannel) channels.
Your Dish box converts all to your choice and it should match your TV's native capability.
There is no pass-through selection. "Non-matching" sets will always be blurrier.

-Ken

You need to turn off overscan. This is usually a TV function.
Overscan, in the old days, was used on analog sets to not have unpainted edges of the screen.
Most digital TVs provide a similar function but overscan will make sets with the correct Original Aspect Ratio (OTA) blurrier.
You may need to set the correct raster size 1280x720p or 1920x1080i on a per channel basis.
The 720p is used by ABC, ESPN, and other Disney and most Fox channels and where there are subchannels.
The 1080i by CBS, NBC, and full (non-subchannel) channels.
Your Dish box converts all to your choice and it should m atch your TV's native capability.
There is no pass-through selection. "Non-matching" sets will always be blurrier.

-Ken

Sorry should have been more specific, this is for my laptop, dish said it doesn't support firefox yet

In IE10, open Internet explorer and before you go to the dishanywhere site, open the "view" menu and change the zoom to smaller than 100%. Or hit control - control + will zoom in. These wont work once your on the dishanywere site for some reason.

well I tried FF and IE 10..... guess with the new dish anywhere you cant zoom like we used to? Interesting?......DRA I till active I would use that for streaming and DVR access.....That still has the format options...DIRT take notice of the input...

DRA I till active I would use that for streaming and DVR access.....That still has the format options...DIRT take notice of the input...

I don't think we want DIRT to take notice of this workaround. What if they notify the suits and they shut down DRA for everybody? Now maybe TG2 (now where did he go?) was right and they have to keep DRA open to make the mobile clients work. But who knows, really? TG2 was just speculating. DRA is already inaccessible to new customers via PCs, so I would worry.

well my point is that there is/was an option to format the screen 3 ways if I remember right? Improvement on dish anywhere should be there long time goal !!!.....Yes I do miss TG2, guess all the white shirts didn't like his style?....Those truth seekers have to stop being honest!!! HA !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)