DishAnywhere on FireTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi, in recent months DishAnywhere on Amazon FireTV has become unusable for me. It stops every few minutes to buffer, sometimes never resuming, and often has a spinning circle in the center of the screen. DishAnywhere is one of the perks of the Dish Network subscription. Wish it was more stable.

Hi, in recent months DishAnywhere on Amazon FireTV has become unusable. It stop every few minutes to buffer, sometimes never resuming, and often has a spinning circle in the center of the screen. DishAnywhere is one of the perks of the Dish Network subscription. Wish it was more stable.

Are you streaming over your LAN or outside your network to a remote location?

"Are you streaming over your LAN or outside your network to a remote location?"

Excellent follow up question. If inside your local LAN check your router and wifi signal.
If you are streaming through the net, either your home connection (upload speed) or the connection at the remote location may be having trouble. My Firestick on my local LAN is stable.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
"Are you streaming over your LAN or outside your network to a remote location?"

Excellent follow up question. If inside your local LAN check your router and wifi signal.
If you are streaming through the net, either your home connection (upload speed) or the connection at the remote location may be having trouble. My Firestick on my local LAN is stable.

I would also suggest that the OP use 5Ghz wifi as opposed to 2.4

Meh, I'm with the OP. DA on Firestick, the original, is a mess. Every other app streams perfectly fine, but DA, especially watching DVR is a nightmare - outside of my house. Even using an extender to get the FS far away from my TV. My home networks is over 250 Mb/s WiFi so not an issue. I'm thinking I'm gonna get the new 4K FireTV and see if it's better

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been streaming from our motorhome H2 to our FireTVstick most of the day with DA, and I haven't noticed any buffering. I suppose there could have been some brief buffering when I wasn't paying attention though. The motorhome H2 is connected to our AT&T cell Internet, and the FireTVstick is using the Spectrum Internet in our cottage.

Meh, I'm with the OP. DA on Firestick, the original, is a mess. Every other app streams perfectly fine, but DA, especially watching DVR is a nightmare - outside of my house. Even using an extender to get the FS far away from my TV. My home networks is over 250 Mb/s WiFi so not an issue. I'm thinking I'm gonna get the new 4K FireTV and see if it's better

I agree with Hipkat that Dish Anywhere is very poor when it is not on your home network. At my house it works fine over my home network.
But my son in Columbus has constant problems with constant buffering and error messages saying the internet is not available. Both my son and I both have Spectrum internet with speeds of 100 Mb download and 10 Mb upload speeds. We have tested the speed on both locations (Plain City for me and Columbus for my son) and we both have speeds of 111 Mb download and 11 Mb upload.
I also replaced the original Firestick with the new 4K Firestick but the problems still remain.
I downloaded Analiti app and it reports internet speeds of 116/12 Mbps on the 4K Firestick. All of the other Amazon streaming services work well.
My conclusion is that Dish Anywhere works great on your local home network but it is very poor when streaming over the internet even when both locations have a good internet connection. It is disappointing because my son has dropped Spectrum cable in hopes of using my Dish programming.
I also did VOIP tests and both locations tested excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I agree with Hipkat that Dish Anywhere is very poor when it is not on your home network. At my house it works fine over my home network.
But my son in Columbus has constant problems with constant buffering and error messages saying the internet is not available. Both my son and I both have Spectrum internet with speeds of 100 Mb download and 10 Mb upload speeds. We have tested the speed on both locations (Plain City for me and Columbus for my son) and we both have speeds of 111 Mb download and 11 Mb upload.
I also replaced the original Firestick with the new 4K Firestick but the problems still remain.
I downloaded Analiti app and it reports internet speeds of 116/12 Mbps on the 4K Firestick. All of the other Amazon streaming services work well.
My conclusion is that Dish Anywhere works great on your local home network but it is very poor when streaming over the internet even when both locations have a good internet connection. It is disappointing because my son has dropped Spectrum cable in hopes of using my Dish programming.
I also did VOIP tests and both locations tested excellent.

Thanks for the heads up on the 4K FS

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sounds to me like Spectrum is prioritizing packets. VOIP is normally the packet that gets treated the best.

I have only 8 mb up on my ISP and watch Dish Anywhere all the time at my office without issue and really good PQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)