Remote 2 problems

Holly S

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Louisiana
We have a VIP222K at work and tonight when I came on I realized the remote for tv2 isn't controlling the receiver anymore. I went to tv1 and tried changing the address of the remote and it will not change it at all. I used the tv1 remote to change the address of that remote and it worked fine but the other remote won't. It still controls the tv and the buttons are lighting up so it's not the batteries. Please help. Twelve hours is a long shift.

Sounds like you know how to change the address, but just to be sure, at the Receiver, you hit menu twice on the TV1 Remote, or Menu>6>1>3, then on the TV2 Remote, press the white Sat Buttons until all the lights light up. I always use 9 for TV2, soo hit 9 then #, The Sat light blinks 3 times, then record and it doesn't change on screen for TV2? The Antenna on the back of the receiver still there or screwed in tight? Also, look under the battery cover on Remote 2 and make sure it's set for UHF

Reactions: charlesrshell
It doesn't change for TV2. The antenna is still there and screwed in tight. I checked the switch and it's set to UHF. I am baffled.

It doesn't change for TV2. The antenna is still there and screwed in tight. I checked the switch and it's set to UHF. I am baffled.
Sounds like the remote went bad, Dish can send you one, or you can find one on Ebay or possibly at Walmart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)