DishComm Problem

HotLZ

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 21, 2008
Having problems in Dishcomm getting my receivers to see each other. My upstairs receiver wouldn't see the downstairs one automatically, and vice versa. I manually entered in the downstairs receiver's ID into the one upstairs, and all I get is offline for the status. Then I went to the downstairs receiver, and the upstairs one now showed up, but it's status was offline as well. I have them both plugged directly into the outlets, no ups or surge protectors or anything like that. Also, my house is less than 5 years old, so I wouldn't think wiring would be an issue.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Thx.

HotLZ

Mar 21, 2008
I don't think it's a break from the latest software update because I've never been able to get it to work. At least the other receiver has never shown up automatically. I've never tried to manually enter in the info and get it working before today though, so who knows.

I was going to try the extension cord thing tomorrow and see what happens. Both outlets are on the same side in the breaker box. Whether that means they are on the same leg or not I have no idea.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
This thing working perfectly only from same power strip :).
It's show excelent EXLT( 12) level of signal on one strip and POOR(01) for other DVR what on same power line just 6 feet far.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I don't think it's a break from the latest software update because I've never been able to get it to work. At least the other receiver has never shown up automatically. I've never tried to manually enter in the info and get it working before today though, so who knows.

I was going to try the extension cord thing tomorrow and see what happens. Both outlets are on the same side in the breaker box. Whether that means they are on the same leg or not I have no idea.

What has changed in your setup then? I never got DishComm to work in my setup because I use a UPS to power my receivers. Try plugging them directly to the wall.

I did notice that the "other" receiver showed "offline" in red on both the 622 and the 722 while checking.

HotLZ

Mar 21, 2008
Nothing has changed in my setup, I've just never tried to get this working before. I do have them plugged directly into the wall. No power strips or anything else.

I tried running an extension cord from the receiver upstairs to the same outlet that the receiver downstairs is plugged into, and I get the same thing. Offline.

HotLZ

Mar 21, 2008
Adding the recievers manually is the only way I can get them into the config. It does not detect them automatically.

I read through that thread yesterday. Lots of good info in there, but nothing I found that will fix my issue.

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I am having the same problem getting my receivers to see each other. The outlets for my receivers are on seperate circuit boxes.
I think that is what is causing my problem.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
My 2 622's are on different breakers and DishComm is working well on both of them. The readings on the test menu seem low (04,04 06,04) but it says "GOOD" and works. The one with the phone line used to be on a UPS and it was still connecting but the signal readings were too low for it to work so without the UPS it works.

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My 2 622's are on different breakers and DishComm is working well on both of them. The readings on the test menu seem low (04,04 06,04) but it says "GOOD" and works. The one with the phone line used to be on a UPS and it was still connecting but the signal readings were too low for it to work so without the UPS it works.

Thanks. I'll have to check things out a little more.

HotLZ

Mar 21, 2008
Ok, this morning I went so far as to take the upstairs 722 and physically bring it downstairs and plug it directly into the same outlet as the 722 down there, thinking maybe when I tried that with an extension cord it wouldn't work with a cord that long. Still no luck, same offline status. Of course, I didn't have any inputs hooked up on the receiver, but I would think for dishcomm purposes that wouldn't matter. I'm out of ideas, and very skeptical that support will be of any help at this point. Guess I'll try 'em and see.

HotLZ

Mar 21, 2008
I just plugged the receiver into the outlet. Nothing else was connected, i.e., no sat. signal in, not video signal out, so I couldn't do any testing on that box.

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
In trying to figure out why my Dishcomm won't work, I noticed that when I go to 6-1-8 on the menu of my upstairs receiver, that receiver's ID doesn't even show as a device. I even tried adding it to that same receiver just to see what would happen. But I got an error (#742).

It doesn't make sense to me. You would think the Device ID for that receiver would show up in its own Dishcomm device list.

I tried calling E*, but they actually knew less about Dishcomm then I did.

Any ideas? Thanks.

HotLZ

Mar 21, 2008
Well, the tech from Dish came over this morning to fix my dishcomm issue. However, he knew far less about it than I did. He didn't even know what homeplug was.

I asked him if he had a homeplug to ethernet adaptor in his truck so we could test the homeplug in each receiver. He said he thought he did, so he got it, and I plugged it in and hooked it up to my router. Boom, both receivers had IP addresses, so that told me that homeplug in the receivers was working fine. However, they still won't see each other in dishcomm. Why I haven't a clue. Perhaps it is some kind of software bug. Dunno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts