DISHComm Problem

fortinjlf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Currently have 2 Vip622s both were connected by internet via wireless router and by DISHComm, and until today all worked well. Then the Caller ID quit working on the kitchen(non-main) receiver.
Tried to reset everything. Now the main receiver shows both receivers ON LINE, but the other receiver shows only its own on the set up screen. When I try to add the main to it, the error code keeps showing up and won't let me add it.
On the set up screen on the main unit when pressing 2 on the remote, it says DISHComm is available, but on the other receiver it shows DISHComm is NOT available.
What gives? Any insight greatly appreciated. (Please keep advice simple, non-techy)
Thanks

u say they are hooked up to the internet??
is one of them hooked up to a phone line??
make sure both receivers are hooked up to an electric outlet on the wall (no surge protectors)
try changing the outlet
look at the phone cord it self check if it has 4 pins not 2 only
some jacks are wired weird that it works with 4 not with 2
any changes you did before this happened
check if someone disabled callerID on that tv
menu ---> 6--->1---->2---> enabled!
:)
it might sound stupid but sometimes if the electric outlet is not grounded properly and the DISH is not grounded with an approved ground block caller id wont work
if all is OK, i would call dish and RA the RCVR
MOE

Yup, I did all those things, and still same result. It had been working fine for the months I had it hooked up, and then suddenly for no apparent reason, it just quit.
I guess I'll bite the bullet and contact Dish and try to get someone who knows something instead of someone just reading thru a list of standard replies.

actually dont waste time, or money on a 29$ service call
just tell them to send u a replacement receiver, and hook it up your self
let us know how it goes

Mine done the same thing over 2 months ago at the last software upgrade. It is still not working, hoping the next upgrade will fix it but not holding my breath.:mad:
Did you ever contact Dish to gripe or ask if they had any insight? I'll guess I'll wait for 6.15 and see if it helps any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts