Dishcomm Question

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
My 722 and 622 are both connected via dishcomm. They both show online on either receiver, and both pass the test for it. The 722 is connected to a land line and ethernet. Since the 622 got L4.43 this morning, I get the prompt that I need to have it connected to a phone line at all times..bla,bla.. Also on the 622 before L4.43 on the test connection screen, it showed ethernet failure of course, but dial out worked. Now the the dial out shows failure too. And like I said the prompt for no phone connection I get. I rebooted the 622 and the 722 with no change. I thought this is what dishcomm is for. Why does it not work?:mad:

I had a 622 that the internal modem went out, prompting the message about connecting a phone line.
Call Dish Tecnical Support, and they can determine what the problem may be. They sent me a new unit (after I watched all the stuff I had recorded!).

Tom in TX

Make sure the receiver that doesn't have the phone line is set to REMOTE on the phone setup screen

Thanks man! That's what it was! I done that before, but I completely forgot about it. Sux that the new SW download reset that setting. Shoulda left it where it was, but works normal now.

LER YOU ARE THE MAN!!:up:up:up:up:up

What's with all the NVRAM changes lately?

I thought those setting were supposed to stick? Mine always have.

Glad I could help :)

LER

Recent SW updates also reset the counters to zero. That apparently includes some setting too. Just sux for all the not so tech savy users that all the sudden get chrged the no phoneline fee,even though they know they're supposed to be set up right. Then the trouble starts with calls to dish and all that jazz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts