DishDepot selling REFURBISHED 622 Receivers?

theinv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
I was going to buy a 622 receiver from Dish Depot, but something stopped me.

I used to see "Always New, Never Remanufactured " in the 622 description, but now they are gone. Does this mean the 622 they are selling now can be either NEW or REFURBISHED, and there is no way to guarantee that I will get a new receiver?

Why don't you email Mark at Dishdepot.com and ask him if they are refurbished? There is an email link right on the website itself so you can easily send one.

I buy refurbs almost exlusively if I can (and most come with warranty's exactly the same as brand new). I've only had 1 thing in the last 8 years or so that I bought refurbed go bad. It went south 4 years after purchase and guess what, the warranty covered it and it was replaced free of charge.

I like how people won't buy refurbs with warranties, but then they will only buy a used car with a limited warranty.

As for dishdepot, I'm sure they are fine, but my one transaction with them on a 211 when they came out made me decided I will never buy from them again.

I don't have a problem buying a refurb, as long as I know that is what I'm getting. I would be upset , as I think the OP would, if I thought I was buying a brand new product and paid full price but found out when I opened it that it was a a refurb or remanufacture. I am guessing that was his concern.

if I thought I was buying a brand new product and paid full price but found out when I opened it that it was a a refurb or remanufacture. I am guessing that was his concern.

Yah. That is my main concern. I just placed an order with DishStore. Hope to get it sometime next week.

I've had Dish for many years. And over that time it seems had to replace at least 2 or 3 recievers
(one was a 2nd replacement).
Not sure refurbs would be any different (and maybe they are NOT any different). ;)
But then I lease but for an extra rcvr might consider it.

If you replace a receiver with DISH , 9 times out of 10 it will be a refurbished receiver. I have replaced some of my receivers over the years due to different problems , with DISH and I bought all of my new receivers through Dishdepot.com. The most recent problem I had was on my 622s with the hdmi port being weak. I bought both when they were new from dishdepot. I got them the first day the way were available and as we all found out , DISH did a crappy job with the origional hdmi ports as they almost always fail . My two 622 receivers lasted from February of 2006 till now and both suffered hdmi problems. THis had nothing to do to with dishdepot , but to poor design by DISH. Mark at dishdepot is great to work with and he allows trade ins towards the price of the new receiver. I recently bought my 722 through him and it was brand new.

IF any one is concerned with the purchase being new vs refurbished , they can email Mark at dishdepot on his website and asked him before they make the purchase. I always do this about trade ins or any questions I have ,way before I buy something.

If it doesn't clearly call out that it's remanufactured or refurbished, it had better NOT be.

The page that lists the Dish receivers is a hodge-podge..... Some say remanufactured, some say "always new", and some say nothing. At least be consistent and avoid the confusion that it has brought up.

Mark at dishdepot is great to work with and he allows trade ins towards the price of the new receiver. I recently bought my 722 through him and it was brand new.

IF any one is concerned with the purchase being new vs refurbished , they can email Mark at dishdepot on his website and asked him before they make the purchase. I always do this about trade ins or any questions I have ,way before I buy something.

I agree. Mark is responsive and helpful and he will also swing you a pretty good deal!!

The page that lists the Dish receivers is a hodge-podge..... Some say remanufactured, some say "always new", and some say nothing. At least be consistent and avoid the confusion that it has brought up.

Correct. That's why it is so confusing to buyers. They should list refurbuished items separately. Maybe a link on the left side bar that says "Refurbished Receivers".

Everything at Dishstore is brand new unless its noted as referbished in the description.

311, 301 and 322 are ok if your going to buy a referbished product.

522, 721, 501, 508, 510, 921, 942 are only available as referbished product where as you have no choice.

211, 622, 722 can be new or referbished but I would buy new if you had the oppertunity,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)