DishDuo 625 UHF won't work. Can't change it.

MeeToo

Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
LaBelle Florida
I have had my system for a long time. Same remotes. Suddenly the Primary Remote seemed to stop working. Followed the directions for the Box and fornthe remote. Ghe setting under System info is set to "enable" but it wont change from IR. The remote of course works in the IR mode but not in UHF mode.
Has anyone ever had this problem? I hate to call them. I don' want a Hopper, or to have a sales pitch.

Reactions: EchostarFan
I have had my system for a long time. Same remotes. Suddenly the Primary Remote seemed to stop working. Followed the directions for the Box and fornthe remote. Ghe setting under System info is set to "enable" but it wont change from IR. The remote of course works in the IR mode but not in UHF mode.
Has anyone ever had this problem? I hate to call them. I don' want a Hopper, or to have a sales pitch.

I had this problem with my 722 (and possibly my 625 but I can't remember back that far) which came with a UHF Pro 6.3 for TV2 and an IR remote (forget which model) for TV1. The issue I had back then, when I bought a second UHF remote for TV1, was that both TV1 and TV2 remotes were set to the same address, i.e. "1", preventing me from switching TV1 out of IR-only mode. The solution is to set one address to some other channel number than "1", and then you can get TV1 to switch into UHF mode.

Now, that said, I don't see how your 625 could work fine with 2 UHF remotes, and then all of a sudden stop working. This does suggest a problem with the remote itself.

Be aware, Dish shall shortly stop doing new ViP installs. You would be moving to an old piece of equipment with old components.

You might be well advised to reconsider the Hopper, specifically the H3. Most folks do not appear to have problems with them.

I had this problem with my 722 (and possibly my 625 but I can't remember back that far) which came with a UHF Pro 6.3 for TV2 and an IR remote (forget which model) for TV1. The issue I had back then, when I bought a second UHF remote for TV1, was that both TV1 and TV2 remotes were set to the same address, i.e. "1", preventing me from switching TV1 out of IR-only mode. The solution is to set one address to some other channel number than "1", and then you can get TV1 to switch into UHF mode.

Now, that said, I don't see how your 625 could work fine with 2 UHF remotes, and then all of a sudden stop working. This does suggest a problem with the remote itself.

The TV1 UHF keys were like gold!

OP, does the green chip say UHF on it?

I have been known to get made at these plastic keys, and not having the right one, I've carved on the plastic whatever it says, allowing me to manually set the switch how I want. :D

You can stick a flat object in there and just slide the switch too.

Is UHF enabled for TV1 in the settings? I forget where it’s at in the menu, but it should say UHF Plus or something like that.

Is UHF enabled for TV1 in the settings? I forget where it’s at in the menu, but it should say UHF Plus or something like that.
You have to hit menu twice to see the remote settings, If it just says IR and you have a UHF remote that the switch is set to UHF, press the SAT button til all the lights come on, press <your desired frequency number>, then # - Sat will blink 3 times, then record and you should see it change to IR/UHF

I know it’s like that on HD equipment. Doesn’t the SD have to have it on first? I know the 322 has to do it that way.

Reactions: HipKat
Update...Instill haventhe.problem but I may know why. I have a 6.0 UHF, but in changing the batteries some time ago the key fell out (my husband' remote, and the main remote to tv1). I had an extra Key that says 1 and is green. I used it to reprogram. At about the 500th reading of the manual I looked at the little picture which has an arrow that says MAKE SURE IT SAYS UHF PRO beside the #1. It does not. Im guessing that has to be the problem but I dont have any other keys. I did find some on eBay for $4.00. I' hoping that is the issue. Trying to find a remote with the right configuration was not as easy. List of #tv2 and IF one but they had.no extra keys...so I' going to try this. If any one has other options on where tonfind.one or 3, let me know.

Be aware, Dish shall shortly stop doing new ViP installs. You would be moving to an old piece of equipment with old components.

You might be well advised to reconsider the Hopper, specifically the H3. Most folks do not appear to have problems with them.
The reason I like the 625 is the dvr. As understand the hopper, the recorded programs are all off site. So if I lose signal, I can' watch the recorded stuff. I like the Dr right here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts