DISHDVR Advantage question

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I've seen the press release and I'm wondering something that I didn't see answered (or overlooked it).

If I were to sign up for DISHDVR Advantage as a current customer (taking the HD upgrade portion of the program), would I get a free equipment upgrade to the VIP622 receiver or is the equipment upgrade fee still charged?

The equipment upgrade fee still applies.

That might change if and when E* starts providing a free HD DVR as per their announcement at CES this week.

DishDVR Advantage and Multiple DVRs and Fees

My question regarding the DishDVR Advantage Pak pertains to their "no additional fees" statement. Obviously, if someone were to sign-up under this program it is understood there will be no DVR free assessed to the new or existing customer who is now under an 18-month obligation. However, what about additional DVR Fees for those having two or more DVRs (622, 625, etc.); will each additional DVR incur a $5.98 charge? If so, it seems less likely for 2007 to be the year of the Dish DVR.:confused:

Let me guess, HD DVR Advantage, same rule applies as with what they stated only you have to purchase the $20 HD package and 18 month commitment required to not have an upfront cost. The penalty for cancelling will probably not be much more than what they want upfront to lease the 622 right now. When they are willing to have no upfront cost to lease an HD DVR then that tells me that HD is ready for the masses and that it might finally be worth getting.