dishes pointing at both 61.5 and 129?

Here's an update on my installation.

The installer did not have a work order to install the Dish 1000.2 because I am currently using 61.5 in my 2 dish setup.

He left my two dishes in place and just hooked up the 211 to my cables and my programming came on. He left.

Ten minutes later, exerything has now disappeared. I just did a soft reboot by holding down the power button and that's where I am now.

Any suggestions?

Shelly

Edit: Programming returned after my first soft reboot and then it happened again after 30 minutes. Another soft reboot got things back but I called the installation company and they had me check switches again and do hard reboot from power plug. We'll see what happens now. It sure seems to be a receiver problem as nothing was changed in terms of the dishes, switches and cables.

Last edited:
Here's an update on my installation.

The installer did not have a work order to install the Dish 1000.2 because I am currently using 61.5 in my 2 dish setup.

He left my two dishes in place and just hooked up the 211 to my cables and my programming came on. He left.

Ten minutes later, exerything has now disappeared. I just did a soft reboot by holding down the power button and that's where I am now.

Any suggestions?

Shelly

Shelly,

Try clearing the switch matrix. Disconnect the satellite feed in the back of the receiver and run check switch (Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check Switch). Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Look at the results and let us know what you see under device. Did the installer replace the LNBs or he just installed the receiver?

Hi Randall,

He just installed the receiver. Nothing else was cfhanged. I edited my post to give more information. Have now done hard reboot and will see wht happens. I still have 3 hours before the installation company closes. I will try your sugggestion if it shuts down again. Thaks.

After the hard reboot, it went out again after 30 minutes.

I did the "clear switch matrix" and it acknowledged 110, 119 and 61.5 but there was nothing in the Device coumn.

Then, while loading, it shut down again. I did soft reboot and now loading again.
Picture and programming now returned.

I hope that this takes care of it.

Shelly

Edit:

Didn't work. Shut down again after a few minutes. Did another hard reboot and put another call into the installation company, who now claims the installer did have a work order for a 1000.2 dish. funny, he said he didn't and wouldn't get paid if he installed it and would have to charge me if I wanted it installed. What ever happened to the old fashioned values of honesty. But he would deny it if I told his company about the charging request so I figure it's better to just let them do whatever it takes to get my programming up.

Edit 2: Called Dish and they're hipping out a new 211 and waiving the shipping charges. Two minutes after hanging up, the insallation company called and said that they see that Dish is sending me a new receiver so what do I want from them? But my 211 has been on for more than an hour now--a new record.

Sorry to take up all this band width with my insignificant problem. New receiver should solve things.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)