DishFamily includes RSN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Laserich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Stationary Orbit
Hey, do you get the RSN's with the DISH Family package? Their website says Yes, but their CSR chat says No, although the CSR said they're looking into it and will 'get back to me'.

Here's the link: DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

Or attached image of the page.

Well, thanks for any info!

Attachments

• deleteme.jpg
    deleteme.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 158
Your local RSN is not included with DishFamily, it is with AT100+ (AT100 with locals). The Dish website isn't updated at times and one can find a lot of misinformation. If your rsn (or any rsn) is not listed under that package (and your link does not show them), I would disregard that statement.

Thanks Gary, I ordered Dish Family based on that page, but I should have known there was further homework that had to be done.

That page was very recently updated to reflect the newest new-subscriber deals...it's another example of poor management at Dish Network.

The mention of RSN's on that page says click here for more info on RSN's and local channel elegibility.

Did you click?

Nah, after I read that "(I) can receive RSN's based on geographic location as determined by Zipcode", I was sold! I've had my RSN's in a more expensive package for quite a while and already knew they were available to my Zip.

The page is clearly misleading and incorrect. Or as the CSR put it, "That web page is filled with errata."

well I saw the link and tried it..it shows
Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available only with Classic Bronze 100 Plus or higher.
Station

Fox Sports North

Big Ten Network
( I live in Minnesota)

Well, I got a follow-up email from the CSR about RSN's. Kudos for that.

"... Our Trainers have confirmed there is errata on the website for the Dish Family and the Classic Bronze 100 package pages. The Regional Sports Networks are included on the Classic Bronze 100 Plus packages and up. Optionally, starting with Classic Bronze 100, you can add the Multi Sports Package for $5.99. That would include Regional Sports Networks from across the Nation. I am sorry for the confusion. We have submitted that to the Web Team to correct."

(Even still, though, the Multi-Sport Pack option only starts being available with Classic Bronze 100 Plus, not Classic Bronze 100.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)