DishHD is great, but...

acousticbiker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
1. No regional sports networks (in Denver, I really miss Altitude for the Nuggets)
2. No CNN (HDNews sucks)
3. No Sirius a la carte (DishCD sucks)

Please provide this feedback to the Dish CEO/Executive offices at 866-443-5162. I was told by the executive staff that every call made this number are tracked for feedback. If you feel the same way that I do, please call them.

It's amazing how they come out with an inexpensive niche package and then people complain about not getting the channels they want in that package. Seriously, it's ludicrous.

It's amazing how they come out with an inexpensive niche package and then people complain about not getting the channels they want in that package. Seriously, it's ludicrous.

What's ludicrous is this package is supposed to be for people who only want HD. CNN isn't currently available on Dish in HD so really that one is a moot point but Altitude and in my case ComCrap SportsNet is in HD for games but is not available as an Add-on or as part of the package. You would think that since Dish advertises these channels as part of their total HD channels that they would be a part of the "niche" package.

Except for gobs of HD-Lite, we enjoyed the Dish Network service, liked the VOOM channels, and loved their HD DVRs (ViP622)...but after two years we just couldn't take any more DishHD-Lite. FiOS TV picture quality blows Dish Network out-of-the-water. E* will have to do improve the HD PQ is they hope to win back my subscription.

Except for gobs of HD-Lite, we enjoyed the Dish Network service, liked the VOOM channels, and loved their HD DVRs (ViP622)...but after two years we just couldn't take any more DishHD-Lite. FiOS TV picture quality blows Dish Network out-of-the-water. E* will have to do improve the HD PQ is they hope to win back my subscription.
So happy for you that you have FIOS available. I don't (hardly anybody does), and this is the best bang-for-the-buck that I can get for HD.

So happy for you that you have FIOS available. I don't (hardly anybody does), and this is the best bang-for-the-buck that I can get for HD.
Believe it not, as much as I couldn't stand our former Adelphia/Comcast, their HD channels looked just as good as those on FiOS. In fact, when visiting friends and family I am equally impressed with the HD channels on their local Cox and Bright House (or is it Charter?) cable providers. While not all cables systems are alike, and they certainly don't offer as many HD channels, by and large cable HD PQ is superior to DishHD. Moreover, for more than two years I gave my two best friends grief about their horrible looking handful of DirecTV HD channels. Well, I must admit that D* HD is superior to E* HD in terms of both quality and quantity.

DishHD still providers a very good value for the dollar and their HD DVR cannot be beat - it is superior to any box out there, to include TiVo. However, if the OP is most interested in HD picture quality (who wouldn't want HD passed through in its native resolution?) RSNs, CNN, etc....then DishHD may no longer be the best option. FiOS TV, Cable Triple Play, and DirecTV are all offering things that E* can no longer supply.

Personally, I think the DishHD Standalone is a great idea! However, I cannot recommend E* to anyone (and I had several ClubDish referrals) until they improve the PQ. I sure hope E* puts the HD back into their DishHD product...soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)