dishhd only package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pup1953

Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
on the dish web site they have the big ten network listed as one of the channels but it is not showing up anybody know why :confused:

Why? I have HD-only (with locals) and I am getting BIG10 (ch. 439) no problem.

To my knowledge...

BIG10 is being treated as a regional channel now. If your DMA is tied to a Big 10 school it'll show up as part of the HD Only pack, otherwise, it wont show.

To my knowledge...

BIG10 is being treated as a regional channel now. If your DMA is tied to a Big 10 school it'll show up as part of the HD Only pack, otherwise, it wont show.

That's what I thought too! If there was a way to receive the RSN's with the HD Only package I would have already been there!!;)

This has been discussed before on one of the dozens of HD-Only pack threads. It boils down to this:

-Big 10 comes with the HD Pack in:
Iowa
Indiana (Except Louisville TV Market)
Illinois
Mishigan
Minnesota
Ohio
Pennsylvania (Except Pittsburgh TV Market--not sure about Philly)
Wisconsin

DISH DOES NOT TREAT THIS AS AN RSN. It is part of AT100 (not AT100PLUS) and it is part of the HD Pack.

-RSNs (Fox Sports, Comcast Sports, etc) are not available with HD Pack. EVER. No possible way to have HD Pack and also get an RSN as it stands now.

-You CANNOT get the RSNs for $5.99 with the HD Pack beccause that requires AT100PLUS and higher.

Hope that helps.

See ya
Tony

Well, when I was switching to the HD-only pack I asked about RSNs. The CSR mentioned the $5.99 upgrade...
Perhaps she didn't know what she was talking about - I would not be surprised. :)

Just called Dish again out of curiosity and this time they told me that I cannot get RSNs with the HD-only package. So, it appears Tony is right! :D
No big deal for me: with my current setup I cannot get them in HD anyway.

I was paying $101+change. Just Down graded to the HD Only pack+ locals ,HBO, Starz, & $.01 Cinemax for 62.99 + tax (which probably is about $7 per month in FL. Saving $31 oer month and get all the channels that I want. Anymore added this year will just be gravy. Also includes DVR fee for my 722.

This has been discussed before on one of the dozens of HD-Only pack threads. It boils down to this:

-Big 10 comes with the HD Pack in:
Iowa
Indiana (Except Louisville TV Market)
Illinois
Mishigan
Minnesota
Ohio
Pennsylvania (Except Pittsburgh TV Market--not sure about Philly)
Wisconsin

DISH DOES NOT TREAT THIS AS AN RSN. It is part of AT100 (not AT100PLUS) and it is part of the HD Pack.

Tony - if this is indeed true - how do I go about getting a CSR / technical support person to restore the BTN to my account? I switched to HD Only yesterday and lost my BTN. I live in Illinois (Chicago market), so it shouldn't be a location issue. I have called several times and have gotten various "answers" as to why I lost the channel. One guy even went ahead and sent an authorization hit to my receivers, but he said it probably won't do any good as the system wouldn't allow him to add it to my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)