DishHD Rebate Doubled?

cracka

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 20, 2003
Dallas
I've been on the fence for upgrading my leased 942 to a 622 for a while now, and I just got a mailer from Dish that is a little confusing. It's actually an invitation with 2 cards for free activation for friends who sign up for DishHD... and I'm wondering if this is a new promo and whether I can get in on it.

It claims that DishHD Platinum is $79.99 for the first 10 months, discounted from $99.99 with a * next to it. The fine print the * refers to says:

Savings on high-definition programming requires participation in Digital Home Advantage, subscription to DishHD Bronze package or higher and submission of redemption form and copy of first bill. Customer receives two $10.00 credits each month for up to 10 consecutive months. Visit www.dishnetwork.com/100back for more information.

Of course, the 100back link shows the same old promo, which only states one $10 credit per month. Anybody know what the deal is?

Beyond that, I'm wondering now if I do qualify for this promo, and the $100 rebate for returning the 942 is still in effect... does that amount to Dish paying me $100 to upgrade?

$199 622 Lease Fee
-$200 DishHD Platinum rebate
-$100 942 Return rebate
-----------------------------------------
$101

Surely too good to be true. ;)

If you are an existing Dish customer, its not going to be good for you. They always have MUCH BETTER incentives for new customers than for those of us who pay our $$$ month in and month out. Sad, but the reality...

If you are an existing Dish customer, its not going to be good for you. They always have MUCH BETTER incentives for new customers than for those of us who pay our $$$ month in and month out. Sad, but the reality...

Absolutely true, in general. The rebate this mailer references is good for existing customers who are upgrading to a DishHD metal package, though... at least the $100 version that we knew about before.

I'll call Dish to do some recon and report back.

Absolutely true, in general. The rebate this mailer references is good for existing customers who are upgrading to a DishHD metal package, though... at least the $100 version that we knew about before.

I'll call Dish to do some recon and report back.

Cool! You'll like the metallic packages! Platinum for me. :D

Quick update...

The $200 DishHD rebate is for new activations only. The $100 rebate is available to existing customers who upgrade, as we knew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts