DishHD SD channels? revisited

aznxrice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
So i was reading the other threads about the DishHD only package. and There wasn't really a consensus about whether or not the DishHD only pack comes with the SD counterparts. I want to switch back over to E* but I would have 2 TVs that are standard def only and 2 TVs that are HD
How would those work?

I changed to the HD only package a week ago. I still get the SD versions of most of the channels in the HD only package, so an SD receiver should be able to pick them up. It does take some time after new HD channels are added before the SD channels show up. For example, I just looked at the all subscribed channels list and did not see the SD version of the Disney channel which was added to the HD only package earlier this month.

This package is costing me $19 less per month and I get more HD channels so this package provides me excellent value. I don't miss any of the SD channels that I can no longer receive, but you will want to check for yourself. To see which HD channels have SD versions, you can download the HD Channel Directory at:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/whats_on_dish/programming_guides/HD_Channel_Lineup.pdf

Any HD channel listed with 2 channel #'s has an SD version of the HD channel.

if you have 2 HD Tvs and 2 SD tvs it wouldnt matter. you would have 2 dual tuner mpeg 4 receivers pushing that setup, so your SD tvs would see everything your HD tv could (including HD channels with no SD counterparts) except it would not be in HD.

ok thanks guys.
Also, any idea when MTV HD and Nick HD would be added?
I think those are the only channels that I watch that are missing
And i noticed that KBS world isnt offered with this package, but it is part of the public interest channels, when i sign up do i just tell the CSR that i want this package as well?

no clue on MTV or Nick, 20 temp channels were added to the tables a week or so ago, but they are all blank. I heard we will see a wave of channels this summer, but who knows. About PI channels, i THINK they are in the clear, so as long as you see the Sat they are on, you should get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)