DishHD vs. PS3 dvd upconvert.

Are you guys actually debating this? This thread is a total joke, upconverted SD-DVD does not look anywhere close to HBOHD or SHOHD. Dish may have cut the resolution on HBOHD and SHOHD, but actually entertaining this upconverted SD-DVD thing looking as good is ridiculous.

Are you guys actually debating this? This thread is a total joke, upconverted SD-DVD does not look anywhere close to HBOHD or SHOHD. Dish may have cut the resolution on HBOHD and SHOHD, but actually entertaining this upconverted SD-DVD thing looking as good is ridiculous.

Agree.

The op seems to think the opposite. Why he just did not state that in his first post I dont know.

He keeps using "about the same" but I feel he thinks the upconverted video looks better, or is just mad at dish and making the ludicrous argument.

I have not watched a upconverted dvd yet that looked as good as HBOHD.

I would agree with this. An upconverted DVD is close to Dish HD quality but it's not quite there. I don't have Blu-Ray or HD-DVD so I can't comment on those.

Once again, this is totally false. There is no way. The only time you could say they are comparable is during fast action scenes where you see blocking on Dish. Otherwise the colors are much better on Dish (even if it isn't as good as it would be with less compression), the sharpness is much better on Dish (during non-fast motion scenes)... this is just d-u-m-b dumb.

Are you guys actually debating this? This thread is a total joke, upconverted SD-DVD does not look anywhere close to HBOHD or SHOHD.

With DISH adding more and more HD channels to the same transponders I am sure the question I've asked will soon not even be debateable as PS3 upconvert will be the clear winner. I hope I am totally wrong on this but will see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)