DishMOVE gone wrong

tifozi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Old apartment I used to get 110, 118,119 and 129 with a DPP44 switch going to my ViP922 and the other TV through home distribution/sling.

We moved to new apartment yesterday and the installer installed the new dish 61.5/72/77 but the ViP922 kept locking up, freezing and rebooting whenever he was trying to lock in the sat/transponder or check switch. In a weird way it seemed like it still wanted to read the old sats and that is where it would freeze. The installer tried to do a factory restore but that didn't help. In System Information all 3 sats show good signal but it cannot go any further.

He tried calling the tech support line but whatever they were suggesting this guy had already tried, like leaving the receiver shut down for 5 mins, reset switch in the front panel etc. Nothing worked.

Anyone has any suggestions to get this working? Is there a way to clear nvram like we can do on routers.

For other receivers you have to detach the sat cable and run a check switch to clear the matrix. Then attach the sat cable and let it find the orbital positions. I assume it works the same for the 922.

Yes it does work like that . You can run a check switch without the sat lines plugged in. Then reboot it. Then re-run a check switch with the sat lines plugged in. This should clear out the old matrix and re add the new sats to your check switch.

Thanks guys. It did help getting rid of the stored sats in the memory. Unfortunately it can't seem to lock the signals very well. I think the installer did a botched job although not very sure of that. They are sending me a replacement 922 although I think it is not going to solve the problem. On top of that Dish issued a disclaimer that I will be held responsible if they find any defect on the current unit. I just wanted to slap someone hard.

After the 3rd 922 that they shipped, they had an employee(not subcontractor) come out to do a possible reinstall. They offered me a downgrade to 722 but wanted to extend me for another 2 years and the $200 I paid for leasing was nonrefundable. Are they serious???

The installer was really knowledgeable and thought the Eastern Arc internal switch is probably not compatible with the ViP922 after trying to work on it and with the help of the 922 support team. He then installed a 1000+ with DPP44 (my old configuration) and it is now working. I am quite peeved that they did not know this from the beginning but at least I beta tested a configuration for Dish.

For anyone else interested in getting 61.5/72/77, it is currently not a working configuration with the ViP922.

The 922 does NOT work with the Eastern arc satellites till it takes the initial software update from the 119 sat. I posted this before . I had to add the 119 sat to my eastern arc sat dish so the 922 could actually download the software and initialize . My check switch matrix showed all 3 sats but would not move past this screen till I added the 119 sat to my check switch too. Then it downloaded and finally authorized for viewing. The 722k did the same thing in 2008 when I first got it too. I had to do the same thing and install a 119 sat dish and add it to my check switch matrix so it too would down load the initial software and authorize for viewing. Once the initial software is downloaded for the 722k or 922 receivers , you can disconnect the 119 sat and use just eastern arc sats 77/72.7/61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts