DISH'n It Up Clarification needed before I upgrade

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I need a few clarifications on this promo for existing subs before I call to do the upgrade...I want to be sure I know how it's supposed to work before I call. I currently have an 811 (w/ old HD Pack of 5 channels) and a 301 (both leased) can I trade them both in with this promo? Their website says "Limit of 2 receivers or 3 tuners per transaction". I would like to upgrade to 1 HD-DVR (622) and 1 HD (211). Am I understanding this correctly that I should be able to do this? If so, can someone confirm these costs will be correct -- $149 up front for 622, then a $49 credit, then 10 $10 credits if I take the $20/month HD pack, which I will, that is why I want the HD receivers. Do I still get the 10 $10 HD credits since I'm already an HD subscriber with the old 5 channel pack? I would think that I would since I would be upgrading to a new HD package that costs more. If I get the 211 as well, will I also get the $49 credit for it? Their website says I will.

If this goes as I think it should and I get these 2 new receivers can someone confirm these charges:
Dish DVR Pack for 622 (AT200, locals, 1 DVR Fee) $50.00
HD Pack $20
Addtnl HD receiver fee (211) $6

Am I correct to think that I only pay a lease fee for receivers beyond the first? I'll have both receivers plugged into phone lines. Will I get my HD locals on the 211 as well, or will I have to pay for locals twice? Am I missing any other fees here?

Will the installer add a 2nd dish for 61.5 (HD and DC locals) for free? and will they give me the DPP separators, diplexers and DPP Twin LNB for free?

sorry for the long post, but I really want to understand all of this before I do the upgrade. thanks in advance.

I am same boat as you but i have called and upgraded to HD.

my cost is DVD advantage 50
HD 20
Leasing fee $6 even if it's just one receiver.

since i am gettin the 622 DVR i need to hook it up to the phone to save $5 otherwise they will charge you $5 no question.

As far as dishes i don't know i am waiting as to what's going to happen. I do have an old dish pointing to 61 but currently not used with the system i have.

With what you have listed, yes, you should be eligible for the hd credit.

If you subscribe to mpeg4 locals, you will get them on both the 211 and 622, not charged per receiver.

When you "dish it up" you lose the advantage of having one of the receiver fees being included in the base price, so you will be charged a receiver fee for both the 622 and the 211. This is a scuzzball move by dish, imo, but that's what they do.

Dish will install the additional dish and anything else you need for free, which is cool.

that stinks that I will have to pay 2 lease fees, but I guess that is the way it has to be. Right now, I only pay a lease for for any additional receiver beyond the first. Should I call Dish directly to make this upgrade or should I do it through a local retailer? I'm fairly comfortable adding the separators and diplexers, but I don't have the additional satellite to point at 61.5, nor am I sure how to aim it.

811 & 625

I am new to this forum and have learned a lot.

Here is my situation....I currently have a leased 811, a leased 625 and am not under any contract obligation. Also, I discontinued my HD subscription about 1 year ago.

Question is: I am considering of upgrading to a 622 and a whatever for my SD tv....and resubscripe the HD package. What's the best (economical) way to do this? Is it using the Dish-It-Up option to upgrade the 625 to 622 and keep the 811 for my SD tv?

Also, I plan on signing up the DVR advantage. Is it true that I can get Top-250 for 49.99 with credit card billing and/or 18 month commitment? Where can I find the verbiage on this?

Thanks for your help.

When you "dish it up" you lose the advantage of having one of the receiver fees being included in the base price, so you will be charged a receiver fee for both the 622 and the 211. This is a scuzzball move by dish, imo, but that's what they do.

This has recently changed!

From the 2/1/07 FaxBlast/Update:

First Leased receiver fee is now included! - Effective February 1, 2007, the first leased receiver fee for customers upgrading under DISH'n It Up will now be included in the qualifying programming package price just like in DHA!

- Because of this change, DISH'n It Up customers no longer pay the equipment rental fee ($5.00/mo. or $6.00/mo. for MPEG-4 HD receivers) for the primary leased receiver on their account. Please keep in mind that this change is not retroactive for customers who participated in the DISH'n It Up before February 1, 2007.

So, according to that quote, if you sign up for the DVR Advantage package, which includes the dvr fee, under the Dish'n it up promotion, do you eliminate both fees?

jstorm42: YES! That is exactly what I did - I moved from a 510 to a 622 under the Dishin it up deal ($149 upfront, free after $50 dollar rebate and $100 HD service credit), and simultaneoulsy signed up for the DVRAdvantage program. I just got my Feb. bill and all I pay is:

DVRAdvantage 49.99
HP Pack 20.00

No DVR Fee, no lease fee, no locals fee - it's all included :))

So, according to that quote, if you sign up for the DVR Advantage package, which includes the dvr fee, under the Dish'n it up promotion, do you eliminate both fees?

Pretty much... You don't really eliminate the DVR fee, but it is included at a discount in the DVR Advantage package price. You don't see any separate charge for it.

That's great news! I received my boxes for my old receivers today, but never told them I was returning them. I do own my 811 and 501. What are they giving for their return. I see people selling the 811 0n ebay, I know I can get something for the 501.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)