dishnet 110 wont show signal strength

Tesoro

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Southern Oregon
I am scratching my head! I just put my dishnet dvr receiver in my motorhome. Prior to that it was at home and at night I was getting HD signal errors on some channels and then it would switch to SD sometimes. I put in my motorhome and set up 1000.2 dish on tripod and all worked fine for one night. And then I swapped TV's and had to unplug all and then I started getting night time HD signal loss. I rechecked my antenna and all was fine but after many check switches I still cant get it to pick up 110 on the signal meter..it always says wrong sat - 119w.
However right now it is day time and I can scroll thru all channels and no errors on signal.

I have done unplug reset many times to no avail. I have played with the skew to both limits and cant get a beep out of 110.

So I am thinking I have some software glitch. I did notice that only the last reset I lost my timers for the night and then in the am they re-appeared.

I plan on traveling with my DVR so I hope this dosent create a prob as it will be unpowered and re-powered frequently.

Any suggestions appreciated!

I tried the whole range of skew and nothing....plus elevation/azimuth until i lost 119. I will get a birddog tomorrow and verify that i am getting signal on 110 and then go from there...
?thanks

weird thing is last night all channels went out and sat search screen came up and was looking for ie 129 then it switched to 118 and then x
I messed with the channel selector and finally got a channel and then I could get them all again...
now it is in the am and all channels back up but 110 on the dish point meter still goes to 119w.
I called for a re-hit last nite but didnt make any diff.
hope i can get the birddog today!

weird thing is last night all channels went out and sat search screen came up and was looking for ie 129 then it switched to 118 and then x
I messed with the channel selector and finally got a channel and then I could get them all again...
now it is in the am and all channels back up but 110 on the dish point meter still goes to 119w.
I called for a re-hit last nite but didnt make any diff.
hope i can get the birddog today!

Sending a hit won't do a thing for a missing sat or signal loss. The only ONLY thing that helps is authorization, for errors like 005 and 013 (and also for some things like the guide missing channels). There's a major misconception out there, especially among RV customers, that sending a hit for a 015 (or similar, 002/004) will somehow help. It won't.

Not scolding, just posting this FYI, so people will be aware.

One problem solved and now a worse one....!

:confused:Well thanks for info...the re-hit did nothing as you say but it did bring back the military channel which all of a sudden disappeared the other day.
I got my hands on a birddog and at last resort decided to move the dish a few feet to the left and presto...110 popped up. There was a small tree that - according to my sat finder app on my iPhone - was not close to being in the way but it was I guess! live and learn.
NOW check this out...I tuned to 98% signal for 119, and had 88% on 110 and 55% on 129. So I adjusted the skew slightly until I balanced out the signal to 70% for both 129 and 110. 119 remained the same. The tripod was 100% level and I locked down the adjustment nuts and rechecked signal. Done deal. Ran check switch and receiver worked perfectly.
AND THEN in the early evening at dark the receiver went haywire...I switched channels and all I got was 'cant find HD switching to SD' and then it switched from loading 129 to 118 and then and big X. Couldnt pull up any channels or the guide. So I looked at the dish point and no signals...ran a check switch and then the signals came back and so did all channels and program guide. I tried to record a show and got error: 'cant access program guide'. That never self fixed until in the morning.
It should be noted that prior to relocating my receiver to my rv...the same thing started happening at my house over the last month..I figured it was a satellite issue but I guess not now.
I keep my receiver powered off an expensive power conditioner to protect it.

So if i had software issue then it would not know the time of day.....If I had alignment problems then it would be consistent day and night....so I can only assume that dishnet transmission is the problem. But then there should be subscribers all over this area with similar complaints.???

further to this I called my local sat company and they dont have any customers with night time outages. However I am thinking that software could know the diff between night and day as there is an internal clock. I could swap out receivers but that is last resort.
I wonder if there is any way to complete a reset to bring the receiver back to ' from factory ready for setup' to really start from scratch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)