Dishnet in Monterrey (Mexico)

kruppma

Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Due to business reasons, I need to move from Ohio to Monterrey (Nuevo Leon, Mexico) in october 2007.
I am subscriber of Dishnet America's 180 inclusive German program package and would like keep receiving these programs in Mexico. I am a great soccer fan, therfore I like to keep having programs like GOLTV, FocSoccerChanel (both on Echostar 8, 110°) and PRO7SAT1WORLD (on AMC16, 118°).

I could keep my US account with Disnet.
My question is if I could receive the necessary satelitte's using the same equipment (that means, I move my dish etc. to Mexico)? Or would it be possible / necessary to install a new dish and using only the dishnet DVR which I brought? If so, what dish do I need?

Thanks for any information
Martin

Not a direct answer, but you should look into SKY - that's the big satellite company over there. They will probably have more soccer channels than anyone in North America.
Also when I was on vacation there, they had E! channel, and while watching "The girls next door" (the show about 3 playmates living with Hugh Hefner, just with spanish subtitles) I noticed that they don't censor anything - meaning no blocking out their naked bodies when they do photo shoot, etc. Not really a fan of that show, but I was upset that they censor it in US, but not in Mexico... I guess we have a "higher" moral standard... ugh.
So anyway, SKY is watchable, mostly movies, are english with spanish subtitles.
Maybe you'll pick up some spanish ;) And it should be cheaper and legal ...

http://www.sky.com.mx/canales/

Last edited:
To answer your question about your equipment being able to work in Monterrey, I would expect it to as it's not very far south of the border. You should expect to get the CONUS signals and perhaps even the spot-beams for the adjacent US DMA.

Check out this site for info on DBS in central and south america. It is do able at some cost. It is illegal to recve E* south of the border but that does not stop any one with the funds and the desire. Good Luck.

Come on, you should know that doesn't matter to most people around here nowadays, well at least the legal part anyway! :rolleyes: :D ;)

Well, there are still people like me around who care. I guess you grow into it...
In this case as long as you are paying for the service it seems to be still okay. E* benefits from not loosing a customer. We (customers) may also benefit if E* has more customers (they (in theory) could lower prices then). However SKY and other mexican sat companies suffer from having all infrastructure and relationships with the foreign goverment and not being able to pick up another customer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts