Dishnetwork 322 receiver goes from bad to much worse upon latest 153 software update!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Delta4C

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
:mad: The following procedure was a decent work around for the extremely poorly designed Dishnetwork 322 receiver software, now upon latest 153 software update no recording device will work correctly. Dishnetwork insists on placing all sorts of error messages on my screen (Your Program Guide is Out of Date do you want to update now Yes Cancel No LOL when Cancel No are not even able to be chosen!

Problem 1. 322 Receiver needs software modification, to eliminate incompatibility issues with non Echostar DVR units and other recording devices!
Screen Saver with Dish network Logo and Text (Push Select to Continue) pops up and gets recorded by my ReplayTV 5040 after daily Dish Network Software update and or every 4 hours if no remote control button is pushed. This Logo stays on screen and renders my ReplayTV 5040 totally useless.

Solution 1. Press the following 4 remote control keys (Menu 616), which will take you to Updates Screen then, chose Activation Disable!
That’s it no more bouncy ball (Press Select to Continue) Dishnetwork Screen Saver. Eventually you will need to manually update your software version but this process disables the daily scheduled updating process and the screen saver that happens afterwards plus the 4 hour no remote control activity screen savers also.

Problem 2. Once again Dishnetwork 322 Receiver is providing even more un wanted crap for me to record and preventing my ReplayTV 5040 from recording correct channel. Dishnetwork 322 Receiver has limited 44 hour program guide which for me is redundant and useless due to the fact ReplayTV 5040 has 12 day program guide, plus I have no need to use any other controller, besides the ReplayTV remote when things are working properly TV signal wise (ReplayTV 5040 always works perfectly for me!).

Roadrunner Cable although a little higher priced and not digital gave me 24/7 uninterrupted TV signal with ReplayTV 5040 working flawlessly.

I ask for TV signal not for some malfunctioning Dishnetwork hardware constantly unendingly giving me error messages on my screen!

Solution 2.Cheap $5.00 to $10.00 24 hour light timer set to turn off Dishnetwork 322 Receiver at say 11:59 PM turning it back on at 12:00AM or what ever times you chose. I bought cheap under $5.00 timer at Sears but have not hooked it up yet since it only works in 1/2 hour increments and will shut down 322 receiver for 1/2 hour minimum.

Solution 2A. Manually push 322 power button for 6 or more seconds to force a system reboot any time ReplayTV is not recording or about to start recording within 5 minutes or so, as long as this is done before 44 hour guide runs out you should be able to record normally with out (Your Program Guide is Out of Date do you want to update now Yes Cancel No) popping up and blocking your recording.

Iceberg said:
Isn't this the same stuff you posted a while back????????

Yeah. Over and over and over again. :no Please Close this thread. If someone needs this they can search the other half dozen threads where he's posted the same information.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Yeah. Over and over and over again. :no Please Close this thread. If someone needs this they can search the other half dozen threads where he's posted the same information.

NightRyder

ok..I just wanted to make sure I wasn't halucinating :)

Probs getting replaytv 5040 to talk to 322

Hi all,
New here and new to Dish. I have had a ReplayTV for a year now and love it. Just got the 322 (yes, I've read all the previous posts on the subject). My question is more basic: What IR blaster code to set the ReplayTV to to allow it to control the 322? Also, is this the most IR sensitive thing in the world? I can cover the IR receivers with 5 layers of tinfoil and it still receives commands from my IR ONLY remote! Am I confused? Where do I put the IR blaster?
Thanks
Mike Payne
PS. Delta4C here anymore? He seems to have the most (bad) experience. If not, anyone know how to contact him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)